Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages (Google) vs. Messages (Samsung)

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 09:00 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hi all,

Trying to decide which one to ultimately use on the S21. The Google one feels better, as you can search links, images, videos, etc.

So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each app and ultimately, which one is better to use?

P.S. If the Samsung one is better to use, is it safe to remove the Google one via ADB?
12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Samsung one I think is better as it integrates well into one ui and I think it looks much better, Google messages is also very good but I just feel I'm using a pixel when I'm using it so I much prefer samsung messages, in terms of features there is not alot of difference and yes you can disable Google messages if your using samsung
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
In the Samsung one though, can you search for links, images, etc.?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It has a search thing at the top so I would presume so, I can't really try it myself as I don't really send images or links. I know it definitely finds key words
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
My only word of warning is if you use rcs don't flitter between the 2 as it has a tenancy to break it so pick which one you fancy and stick with it
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
1) What is RCS?
2) To be honest, I like the Samsung one better, so I'm thinking of disabling the Google Messages. Do you not recommend flat out uninstalling it then via ADB?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Sorry I don't know what ADB is my phone only allows me to disable it. RCS is rich communications services it's basically imessage for android your bubbles go blue and you get delivery read type reports obviously if the other person's phone is compatible and their rcs is turned on
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I would never recommend doing anyone out of the ordinary anyway, I never mess with my phone with special settings but that's probably because I was an iPhone user for many years 🤣
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
As soon as you asked what ADB was, I had a feeling you was an iPhone user lol. No worries, thanks for the help Big Cheese!
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
What is ADB? Haha I know to be honest everything on my s21 is stock as the phone comes 🤣