Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked screen during alarm?!

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 10:09 PM)
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Hello this is quite annoying issue. It does not happen always, but often enough.

I have my alarm set to wake me up in the morning, but sometimes it starts to ring but the screen is locked so I can't stop it! I have to unlock the screen but alarm is not on the screen, so I have to go through notifications and find it there! This is super inconvenient. If there were other people sleeping or I was in the meeting or whatever I would totally disturb everyone around before I manage to stop the alarm! Please check and fix this.

Galaxy S10

6 REPLIES 6
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @McVitas, are you using the default Clock app to set up this alarm? When the alarm goes off, do you see any options to snooze it on the screen?  

0 Likes
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

yes I am using default clock. About question In don't understand why you ask. I already wrote in OP that when this happens the screen is locked, so no I don't see any snooze.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, the reason I asked that is because normally even when the screen is locked, the option to Snooze comes up at the bottom. Try this: Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage > Clear cache and restart the phone.

If that doesn't help, can you confirm if you have Do you have Do not disturb mode on? 

0 Likes
EmmaBaker
Apprentice
Options
I now have the same problem with my new Samsung. Old phone was fine and could snooze and dismiss alarm without having to unlock. Really annoying. Has anyone found a way around this? Do not disturb mode is not on, the alarm does ring, just can't easily snooze!
smatting
First Poster
Options

I am now having the same problem as EmmaBaker. However, it's only started in the last week or so. I've cleared the cache, and it worked OK once, but then didn't light up the next time. The alarm is set for my DND time.

0 Likes
Members_oA6QkyR
First Poster
Options

I've solved this on my S22U and I did two things, though only the latter helped:

• Settings -> Notifications -> Do not disturb: here's a section called "Allowed during Do not disturb" with "App notifications" setting. I added the Clock app to that.
  • In the same Do not disturb settings, there also "Hide notifications" settings - go there and turn off "Hide full screen notifications"

Hope this helps!