Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable One UI?

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 08:39 AM)
Dave85
First Poster
Options

is there a way to disable One UI?  I have been using Nova Launcher (happily) ever since I had my Note 4.  Now all of a sudden, every time I click the home button on my Note 8, instead of going to the home designated in Nova Launcher (which is Nova Launcher) I have to choose between Nova (one time) or One UI (always).  I would be ok with it if I had the choice of Nova (always) but it always assumes I would ever only want Nova just this one time. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Slizzered
Navigator
Options
Is Nova registered as the default app?

Go to settings and search 'choose default apps', scroll down and find Nova and make sure default app is selected. Then find One UI Home and uncheck the default app option.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
It might be same location as it is on the S20FE, which to change default apps you need to do following.

Goto Settings
Select Apps
Select Default Apps
Select Homescreen
Select Nova

This should make Nova default launcher.

Remember to backup Nova settings as version 7 is due anytime and it's a big upgrade.
0 Likes
F_U
Student
Options

I am so super sad. I have the Galaxy S6 

0 Likes
F_U
Student
Options

Grief this website is as bad as the ui 4.1! Have a Galaxy s6 SM t680. The one ui 4.1 is JUNK! Have always purchased Samsung but this will be my last time! It's so difficult to manuver, hate the task bar, Google, everything about it. Going back to my Windows (yeh but better than this junk) Desktop gaming pc and staying put! I'll buy an Apple iphone and get rid of my 3 Galaxy Tabs as well as my Galaxy phone. Bottom line here: If it isn't broken then don't fix it!! 😒

0 Likes