Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have never had facebook push notifications

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 04:46 PM)
Vinny84
Student
Options

I have tried everything i have seen, ive had new phones, new versions of the app and still nothing ever works

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Vinny84. Thanks for taking the time post about this. Please can you let me know which of our phones you are using, and can you also let me know whether you have reached out to Facebook for support in getting the notifications working as expected?

0 Likes
Vinny84
Student
Options
Currently using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I have tried but no luck. Turned everything off in Facebook and app, reinstalled and turned back on but never worked over the years
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I found that the Facebook app was just like a vampire, as my battery would last just over 10 hours.
It was deleted and now the battery lasts 2 days plus.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming that information, @Vinny84. It sounds like you're using the Facebook app so, with this being a third-party app, it would be advisable to reach out to Facebook's Support Team for guidance on getting the notifications working the way you expect/desire. It is entirely possible that this is an issue with the app itself.

However, as a general tip to ensure you get all of your expected notifications, if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend ensuring that you are not using Power saving mode, Do Not Disturb and that you have cleared the Facebook cache on your S22 Ultra:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Please update the thread when you get these notifications working the way you want, as the resolution (either one of those I suggested or something that Facebook recommends) will prove helpful for others. 👍

keith30
Maestro
Options
Facebook can be a pain at times sometimes you would get loads then none for ages until Facebook push out a update. I found it was always full of bugs and hackers so I don't use it anymore.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Personally whilst I use the Facebook app (moderately)    prefer not to have notifications anyway 😊,just have them for the Messenger.

Anyway could check Facebook settings, check there are no Background Data restrictions, reinstall the app (if clearing cache does not work)  Some  other information here https://appuals.com/fix-facebook-notifications-not-working/    otherwise may need to reach out to Facebook as has been suggested (though not sure their customer support is the best).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
laney123
Apprentice
Options
Mine is the same not worked for over a year now new phone a34 all settings are on no dnd or power saver help I have no idea
0 Likes
laney123
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue I had done everything that you suggested but still not working any help pls
0 Likes