Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I take back control of my phone off/on button?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 07:01 AM)
memememem
First Poster
Options
Honestly, I hate bixby. It's so annoying. My phone is on silent in a quiet place when suddenly "WELCOME TO BIXBY!!". Samsung do not make it easy to leave either. But this takes the biscuit. I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 and after an update, it appears I can no longer restart or switch off my phone as Bixby has hijacked the only button I have. (Besides the volume buttons) This is incredibly frustrating and bad for my phone health. Have tried to Google the problem but all answers seem to be for newer models? Please help! I got a Samsung over other androids because they never used to force feed you their terrible applications or services, like say Apple does. All this just to mine the data I'm worth. Never again, I'm sick of this data mining bullshit and I hate Bixby!!
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Is this what your looking for, so you can use your side button to turn off or restartScreenshot_20220402-065700_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220402-065629_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220402-065708_Settings Suggestions.jpg
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
In Samsung search Side button
0 Likes
Elasix
First Poster
Options
Not sure if it will be the same as mine, but just go to your settings and search 'side key' in the search bar at the top (the magnifying glass) change it from wake bixby to power button.
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
3rd picture then 1st picture then 2nd picture in correct order
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm using Samsung galaxy s20 ultra
0 Likes
leicesterMan