Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset my Android Samsung phone back to factory settings?

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 05:40 AM)
likablelogic
First Poster
Options

How do I reset my Android Samsung phone back to factory settings? I do not know how or why or what one of my multiple messaging apps has the bug but I am not able to receive a text message from Facebook to reacquire my Facebook account.

One might think this is a Facebook issue and not an Android issue.  But sometimes I get a text alert and it appears as a kind of animation at the top of the display on my phone. Like a partial one line message that shrinks down to a single circle. This does not give me enough time to click on it. I have too many messaging apps and the one I pick to be default does not have the messages in its queue that I know I have received. What is more is that I downloaded a recent messaging app that has ads nested within the messages.

I had given up on Facebook a long time ago. In fact, for a while, someone seemed to be maliciously abusing the system by requesting to reset my password multiple times and then when I tried, I got a message that I was abusing the system. It seemed someone who disagreed with my political views was on a mission to censor me by keeping me blocked out of Facebook.

But unfortunately I found that a number of Facebook sites are commercial or technical and can help me with my job.

Also, my neighborhood has a Facebook page which can be useful for personal use sometimes like reuniting a lost dog or cat.

Someone suggested that I use this link to reset my cell phone data:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

The link says "Are you sending your Galaxy phone or tablet in for repair, or giving it to a friend or family member? If you need to wipe your device's data for any reason, you can perform a factory reset. This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone or tablet a clean slate. You can also reset the general, network, and accessibility settings without erasing apps or data."

While this got my hopes up at first, it is the extra messaging APP's that are causing my problem, not the data.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
keith30
Maestro
Options
You don't say what device you have but for mine S22ultra I can open the settings under the General Management section and it will bring up various options, factory reset is in there. Backup your data first or you'll lose what was currently stored on your device.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

You can also perform a Factory Data Reset via the Recovery Menu as well as the route @keith30 mentions above. 👌