Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do I change the physical keyboard for Samsung Dex

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 06:18 PM)
SteveWaring
Explorer
Options

Currently when I hit the " key it types an @ (American keyboard, not the English one I am using).

See screen shots. I navigated to phyical keyboard from Dex on my PC, and chose English UK (Android) but it still says English US.

UK was chosenUK was chosenIt made no difference.It made no difference.

Go to solution
32 REPLIES 32
EmilAxelsson
Apprentice
Options

HI! I also got the same problem, I can't use letters like å, ä or ö when I write on DeX. This problem must be fixed!

JJL-FI
Apprentice
Options

Now I think it is fixed. After the windows phone link update, my keyboard

can use nordic letters. Å ä ö writing now in dex mode.

0 Likes
EmilAxelsson
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

Exactly which app update are you referring to? I have not seen any update for DEX and i can't still write å ä ö.

0 Likes
JJL-FI
Apprentice
Options

Udate all apps what you have in Galaxy app store. Phone link to Windows app

probably did the change for my s20 5g. And look in Accessibility Services that 

there are no extras activated.

Knomada
Pioneer
Options

After the recent update. The same thing happens to me too ... I can't use the Spanish keyboard either

MisterDister
Student
Options

This problem has reappeared again after being solved for about two weeks. I dont think I have had another update since then but I'm not sure since some are automatic and others are optional.

WitheWolf
Apprentice
Options

I also suffer from the fact that when I connect an external key or use Dex, even if I change the keymap language to Spanish, it only writes using the English keymap.

I have not been able to get it to work by changing to any other language.

The language of the phone is Spanish.

Before installing the Android 11 based version it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
Physis
First Poster
Options
  1. Hi, the French keyboard layout is badly implemented. It looks like a mix with FR and US layout. 
  • a-z and A-Z are OK
  • the row above the azertyuiop is KO; lowercase key '&/1' gives '1' but should give '&'. uppercase key '&/1' gives '!' etc.
  • all special characters are KO

Can you please correct it, because it is unusable to type a password with numeric and special characters. 

Thanks

Vishnevskiy
Apprentice
Options

Thise problem I have with Russian. When I try to charnge English to Russian nothing to change. DeX does't work correct (((( 

0 Likes
omarlovesrain
First Poster
Options

I just updated all apps in galaxy store and uninstalled an app that I recently enabled accessibility access and now my keyboard works fine. Thank you!

0 Likes