Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 06:34 AM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have Had my Galaxy S10 approximately 8 weeks, in the last day or two I've been having a problems opening some apps, over the last 2 days . Today has been worse as I have struggled all day with some apps not opening and signing into apps today has been difficult does anyone know if there is a solution to it or whether these problems are rare or whether it's a sign there is a problem with my phone. 
Does anyone have any information or has had the same problem as this ? 
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

Check my thread (post) on here that I just made - comment there please.  I bet if you check ur settings and software version you are on OneUI 5 and Android 13 right?  Me and others I know and many on the internet it seems after getting this update am having "data" issues which would explain apps running slow or not logging in and such as their expecting internet/data and don't see any - even when on Wifi or with full signal bars on a 5G connection!

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think it has android 13 as Bev is on a s10

@Bev54 have you clear cache partition? Power off, then power back on with up volume button and power together, hold down and it will go in to recovery mode.

Using the volume rocker select clear cache partion and use power button to select, restart phone and see if that helps
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

Ok, I did not know if they were getting it or not

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should follow instructions and clear cache partition too
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

pffff I used to root n superuser my phone and do custom roms and twrp recovery

I cleared cache, did app fix option too - did it all minus factory reset which would make me start out all over setting up my home screen and other screens, widgets and more, and then only to have the same issue as would still be on OneUI5 Android 13!  I know many people on different carriewrs with different Samsung devices all with same issue.  Opened support ticket for fun and took to authorized repair center - 2 days later their baffled and said nothing they can do - unofficially samsung needs an update to patch the problems (battery drains 33% faster now too - even when using phone way less due to data issues) - officially they sdaid dsamsung will look into this and call me back when they want me to return for a fix (unofficially told not to hold my breath)

At least thewy have an official documentation of this now lol - my friends refuse to go thru all the trouble and lose 2 days without a phone to be told "nothing we can do"

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am not saying you issues are made up, or in your head just saying that has worked for some and you should try it

I am happy you have done that already
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Bev54, @-Robot-, us pointing in the normal fault finding direction.

If you have a look at Settings>About phone>Software information>Kernel version, the last 4 letters/digits of line 1 and the date on line 2. Is the latter about the time your problems started?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add to @-Robot- 's post in the S series you need to connect to computer or plug in USB-C  Headphones to clear cache partition,  follow the other instructions. It would also be advisable to repair apps from the same  Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I put a message up on Samsung members last week when I realised when I talked to people on my phone and put it on loudspeaker the person i was talking to couldn't hear. I have just done a diagnostic test on my mic which told me I had 2 speakers, 1st speaker tested worked no problem but the second speaker would not work, I have attached a screenshot of what it said Screenshot_20221206_165507_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes