Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Store Tip - Updates Shortcut from launcher icon avoids annoying pop overs

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 01:34 PM)
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I stumbled across this recently by long holding the Galaxy Store icon to get to the app properties. Essentially a long hold brings up a popup with several icons and also a direct link to Updates in the Galaxy Store. Since Updates is all I use the Galaxy Store for I'm much happier with it now.

This shortcut gets around the annoying pop over adverts that have to be dismissed before you can use the store.

And yes, everything that CAN be turned off already is. There are certain settings that are setup by Samsung as Always Active that cannot be altered. I also have a suspicion that the Vendor lists get updated along with the Store itself so you have to go back and check they are all still turned off after each update to the store.
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fantastic! I hate those endless game pop ups.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@antikythera Good spot, am sure many wish to avoid the pop ups!

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Nice one 👍 ( also works on Playstore icon which gives a My Apps option which brings up the update option )
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Another tip for everyone, you can switch off the adverts in the Galaxy Store, First open the Galaxy Store, next press menu, now press the settings cog in the top right corner. Now select ads privacy settings, now select vendor list. At the top there are 2 tabs, one is IAB vendors and the other is Google Vendors. Directly Under each of these tabs it says Allow All Consent, switch this off for both IAB vendors and then Google Vendors now finally hit confirm my choices at the bottom of the screen and voila, no more annoying advert pop ups when you open the Galaxy Store, it's been 2 weeks since I did this and zero advert and gaming pop ups, let me know if this helped any of you 😁
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I did but it didn't work, one of the mods suggested the same previously. I still got ads regardless on my Tab A7 even after restarting and clearing the app cache
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I clicked the cog and selected/disabled
"Get news and special offers" under privacy, that put an end to the game popup when launching the Galaxy store
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That didn't work for me as detailed above. This shortcut does, I didn't buy an advert-subsidised Amazon Fire so am irked by Samsung adopting their approach of forcing adverts down our necks. I have all options disabled that can be, all providers disabled and still get pop-up ads when I load the store the normal way. There are some Always Active settings that cannot be modified. This is plainly the same as Amazon's policy with their sub £100 Fire HD products and should not be happening on a Tab A7
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
FYI the list of ad providers keeps changing in both categories so that is why the popups come back again I have been keeping an eye over the last few weeks on the lists. Samsung are rotating them or something because they aren't always added to the end of the list. Some are replaced part way up it and they also aren't sorted alphabetically. ALL the fresh ones are turned on by default. So even if you uncheck them all again, a week or two later you need to do the same again. It's also ignoring the state of the toggle switch at the top of the lists in the OFF position, because otherwise the new providers would also be off. Whereas using the shortcut method it is irrelevant what Samsung do with ad providers because you won't see any at all
0 Likes