Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake voicemail notification - can't remove

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 06:34 PM)
pistolpositive
Apprentice
Options

I routinely receive a notification - that I can't remove easily - in this format:

"phone symbol" Phone "time stamp"

New Voicemail

Dial +1 512-968-9010

The time stamp changes from time-to-time and nearly always reflects the current date.

If I do touch the alert, it takes me to phone keypad with that number ready to dial.

I have tried the option to clear phone cache, delete data. No luck.

I have tried turning off alerts. 

Of course phone restarts etc.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try blocking, then when you have blocked, try to delete.
0 Likes
pistolpositive
Apprentice
Options

I am being obtuse here - how do I lock the phone. By the way, for grins I put in airplane mode and then took it out and the time stamp on the fake voicemail message updated to current.

I did try locking it remotely and was successful. But no change when I tried to remove the alert.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry - I meant BLOCKING that number where the notification came from. I'll edit the post. Pardon my big sausage fingers!! 🤣
0 Likes
pistolpositive
Apprentice
Options

no calls from this number are showing up at present. History shows some from a few months ago and I reported and blocked it it. Honestly, do not know how this alert/notification is being generated.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try dialling into your voicemail, then find the rogue message. On most voicemail services, pressing the number 3 on the handset will delete it. Hopefully, that solves your issue.
0 Likes
pistolpositive
Apprentice
Options

I use the visual voicemail app on my phone and went in and deleted the few I had there. Notification is now missing.

olazi95
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue in my device and I think I have to change my device  I am just waiting for a reply from here if someone help me to solve it.

0 Likes
pistolpositive
Apprentice
Options

Once i cleared voicemails out of visual voicemail on my device, the notification went away.  since then I have accumulated some voicemails in visual VM and am not getting the notification. I will say I made an effort to shut down all notifications (lots of places to search for different types of notifications) and had shut them all down and then gradually started adding as needed.

0 Likes