Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook comments

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 01:00 PM)
Auntylynne
Apprentice
Options
Please help!

On facebook comments i can make a comment but the smiley face at the end of the comments box which you would click on to add an emoji has gone. Tried everything to get it back
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think question is better suited for Facebook
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Auntylynne  Are you using the Facebook app on your phone and is it on latest update?  Emojis  working ok on Facebook for me, try the Menu Menu Bar of keyboard (3 dots) and should be able to select expression.

If still issue  go to Settings-Apps-Facebook-Storage  and clear the cache, possibly may need to clear Data as well. See if that makes a difference, another idea would be to reinstall the app.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Auntylynne
Apprentice
Options
Ok thanks
0 Likes
Auntylynne
Apprentice
Options
Yes i am using facebook app and it is the latest version.
I am unable to still select emoji.
I have cleared data and cache and reinstalled the app and it is still not there.

I have now joined a group of facebook and will see if anyone else can help.

Thanks anyway for trying to help
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Auntylynne Allright, which device and UI version do you have? It may not solve the issue but after upddates it is advisable to wipe the cache partition as some cache files can become redundant or corrupted) , data is not impacted.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
if this and any other advice does not fix it you wish to send an Error report though is the app working ok otherwise? This can be submitted via Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Auntylynne
Apprentice
Options
I dont have another device to try this.
Dont worry. I will see what the fb group says and if no one can help then i will just leave it. Its not really that important. Just a bit annoying.