Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Encountered a serious bug and require desperate help (SOLVED)

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 01:48 AM)
SKDM007
Apprentice
Options

Hello all, i do hope someone can help me but recently i went into my gallery and around 70 of my videos were randomly deleted. NO they were not in recycle bin and NO i havent tampered with them via video editing or anything of the sort they were sitting there perfectly fine and the next day gone. Theyve been in my gallery since the start of the year so why has it decided to randomly delete 70? I checked my google photos app and i did see the videos were there but couldnt be played, unfortunately they were not backed up since i needed to backup my photos first. No photos were affected it was only these 70 videos (the first 70 or so)

On the google photos app upon selecting "more details" it shows that the video is in a much smaller resolution than it actually is and is located in "external/video/media/xxxxx" (xxxx meaning a random number) but the problem is i have no SD Card inserted in my phone so how can it "move" these videos to an external device when one has not been used ever? This is seriously worrying as i am concerned this will happen to many more people soon, so i am requesting immediate help

thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Rence
Apprentice
Options
you need to turn off auto backup to google pics probably and you might have clicked on notification "clear more space" from google photos happened to me once
0 Likes
SKDM007
Apprentice
Options

The videos werent backed up in google photos so even if i did mistap on my phone the videos theoretically should still be there, however i noticed something odd when i tried to delete one of the videos from the google photos app. It said i need to give access to my sd card to delete items from it, which makes ZERO sense since i do not have an sd card in my phone

one option i have is to buy one and see if it appears in that but i dont have high hopes

0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
sorry but photos and videos don't "just disappear " unless, your using a cloud service that becomes unavailable, your storage card is removed or faulty OR a deliberate delete action is by the user
0 Likes
SKDM007
Apprentice
Options

Did not back the files up to anything at all. I had planned to but well now i cant. I never had any storage cards i.e SD card in the first place since my internal storage is enough for me. And it certainly wasnt deliberately deleted. After spotting the files missing from the gallery i immediately went to check myfiles to see the storage. If it was deleted then surely my storage would be down a few GB right? Well it wasnt it stayed at what it was before this happened. So my guess its its somehow confused itself and sent itself to a ghost sd card and im not sure if something like stack overflow would help since i did search and people there had a similar issue too

0 Likes
Solution
SKDM007
Apprentice
Options

OK so i found out what happened the videos WERE moved randomly but i think it was a video editor app that i was using that did this and not the phone, it was moved deep within multiple folder some being hidden and thats where i finally found them playing and working as usual, i swiftly moved it back into my dcim videos folder where it originally was but it was found in internal storage > android > data > com.camerasideas.trimmer > files > youcut (editor app i used for videos)

0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
Well, first lesson here is : BACK IT UP be it on a cloud service or via a local storage drive, even using an otg adapter and a USB pen drive.
Second : This kind of thing doesn't "just happen ", an action or even some third party software you've installed or uninstalled has caused this.
sure you may find something on stack overflow that's vaguely related, but I wouldn't count on it.
As a last resort, I'd back up the phone completely and then factory reset. Then restore the phone. it could work, but something you've done has called this and trying to reverse it when you don't know what you've done is going to be you're downfall.
Best of luck
0 Likes
SKDM007
Apprentice
Options

Er didnt you read i already found the solution my video editor app must have moved them when i opened it for some odd reason and i found the files in a hidden folder and put them back, anyways the videos are all backup now and i dont think its worth the hassle factory resetting ever, and people shouldnt suggest such an extreme measure over something that has already been fixed

0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
First off, when I replied, there was no clear "accepted solution ". As for factory resetting, it is the only option when a user doesn't understand their handset. If you understand tech, you'll understand why this isn't "extreme " and in fact, the quickest solution.
0 Likes