Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty texting while abroad

(Topic created on: 18-12-2023 12:05 AM)
Bobgnv
First Poster
Options

I also ran into problems. Each text came in such that I had to click to download it. If it was a group text, it would then "move" from the sender to the group chat. Often the texts simply would not download unless I rebooted. Quite a pain. All my friends had iPhones which seemed to operate flawlessly. I've been loyal to samsung for years but this (combined with an inability to easily share large files as my friends do with airdrop) is putting me over the edge. I may have to switch with my next phone. Can anyone from Samsung help?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
arianwen27
Pioneer
Options
The iPhone users would probably be using imessage to talk, not actually texting each other. Your issue will be the fact that auto downloading sms while roaming is off by default to prevent charges. If you go to your messages app and have a look for "auto download sms when roaming" or the same with mms, it should work. Funnily enough, if you were to text another Android phone, your phone would use RCS instead of sms, so it'd work perfectly fine. And about your second comment of share large files like airdrop, Samsung and Google both have features to do this. Samsung has quick share and android overall has nearby share. These do basically the same as airdrop
0 Likes