Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEX AND SAMSUNG GALAXY S10

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 04:18 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi please can anyone help me I have noticed in my drop down menu that I have dex, it if I buy the the right HDMI lead for my Samsung Galaxy S10 to put into my sharp Smart TV would I be able to watch things on my television off my phone ? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

HDMI cable cannot connect to your phone directly. Your phone has an USB C port. You therefore need an adapter in between - one end has HDMI port (female) and the other side has USB C male or female port.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is your phone and TV on the same network??
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I use mobile hotshot to use the Internet on my television
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Yes, it should work with S10 (just tried it with S8+).

Any HDMI cable should work. You will need HDMI to USB C adapter to connect the cable yo your phone.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Will any HDMI cable work? What does the USB C adapt to,?
0 Likes
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

HDMI cable cannot connect to your phone directly. Your phone has an USB C port. You therefore need an adapter in between - one end has HDMI port (female) and the other side has USB C male or female port.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I received this cable with a Samsung plug i ordered, please can you tell me what it is 20230710_174803_3947_1689007684.jpg
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

This will not work. You need an HDMI cable + HDMI to USB C adapter.

Screenshot_20230710_191439_Gallery.jpg

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for helping me
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi i noticed on your pictures with Dex hdmi and other cables that it looks like you may have a box aswel, is it possible for me to use decks from my Samsung phone to my sharp television just using HDMI leads and a USB cable ?
0 Likes