Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts 3rd party apps sync error

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 01:48 PM)
Chasky
Explorer
Options
Just noticed that I no longer see the option of messaging a contact on apps eg. WhatsApp/telegram from their contact in the contacts app. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
hannah33369
Pioneer
Options
Re install telegram/whatsapp
Zinno
First Poster
Options

Am having the same issue on my A72. I noticed it after my last phone update a few weeks back. I reinstalled the apps; Whatsapp Business, Whatsapp, Telegram.....etc, but non showed up

0 Likes
winnywho
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I just got the same issue 2 days ago. It also has an impact on Google Assistant when trying to send a message to a contact, WhatsApp is not proposed as a contact channel.

I've been searching and didn't find anything. But what I noticed is that when synchronizing my whatsApp on my Galaxy Tab S7+ and disconnecting the whatsApp the icon is appearing. I do believe 

I found a trick that worked for me: remove the contact permissions and reinit that acces for WhatsApp.

1. Force close the App.
  2. Go into the app info: either through "settings -> Apps -> WhatsApp" or "long click on WhatsApp icon -> small (i) icon
  3. Once in the App info page, edit the permissions by clicking "Permissions" -> "Contacts" -> "deny"
  4. re open WhatsApp, it should ask you again permission to access the contacts => allow it :winking-face:

That trick did the thing!

Please "like" if it worked, otherwise let me know.

Chasky
Explorer
Options
Had the problem with Telegram and your trick worked. Thanks 😍
winnywho
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the feedback! Great to know it worked :smiling-face:

Fiwee
First Poster
Options
I cant seem to reinstall my telegram app
0 Likes
Fiwee
First Poster
Options
Anyone help
0 Likes
bd8wlcr
First Poster
Options

Go to your contact app, press 3 lines on top left, press settings wheel, and allow setting for "show 3rd party options".

I had this issue and just figured it out now to allow you to see what's app or other messaging app icons next to the contact in Samsung phone contacts. 

Screenshot_20220805-062604_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes