Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome in Ultra Power Saving Mode

(Topic created on: 03-10-2023 08:45 PM)
Members_iBwh3Ge
Apprentice
Options

For some reason when I start ultra power saving mode Chrome automatically enables itself and occupies a spot in my limited home screen. I don't use Chrome as a browser and if I wanted to add my browser or another app into that home screen then I would have one spot less. Does anyone know how to remove it from there? It is already annoying enough that you can't fully uninstall it for it to force itself into its users.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try changing the default browser under settings and search for default apps.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_iBwh3Ge Go to Settings-Apps-Default Apps-Browser App, change to Samsung Internet or whichever one you want on this setting.

In other Modes can remove an app from  Home Screen via  long press and Remove.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_iBwh3Ge
Apprentice
Options

Already tried that and it did not work

0 Likes
Members_iBwh3Ge
Apprentice
Options

Already tried that and it did not work. Also I cannot long press on an app on the home screen to remove it since I am in Ultra Power Saving Mode. Using the edit button does not work either.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_iBwh3Ge  possibly a 3rd party app is causing an issue, have you tried in Safe Mode to see if still have same issue. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  sorry , there are further restrictions with this mode on S23 Ultra.

As a matter of interest how often do you need to use Ultra Power saving Mode ?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_iBwh3Ge
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I tried using safe mode and Chrome is still there and not removable. Regarding your question, I have been daily driving Ultra Power Saving Mode these days since I find it more convenient to charge my phone every few days instead of every day.