Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Features.

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 12:01 PM)
GR4Y
Apprentice
Options
Hey! I am new to the Samsung line of devices and loving the chat features for messaging. It's such a great tool built right into the native messenge client but I do have an issue with it...

Is there a way to disable chat messages to 1 contact only or do I have to turn it off message the person then turn it back on? I tried disabling it in the hamburger menu (3 dots) and it keeps turning on...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gray

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
It's a global function so it applies to all contacts and messages if enabled. It cannot be filtered for specific contacts.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
It's a global function so it applies to all contacts and messages if enabled. It cannot be filtered for specific contacts.
GR4Y
Apprentice
Options
Oh thats unfortunate...
PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
Hey it can be switched of for a contact , in your messages to that specific person there should be three dots on top right of screen , click that and you should see a chat messages option which allows you to switch it off for that specific chat , as far as I'm aware that's the only way to do it
GR4Y
Apprentice
Options
Hey. I have just looked and the option is not there... also the 3 dots are on the task bar at the bottom on my phone if that helps! Thanks for the help though.
0 Likes
PaulWatson
Explorer
Options
Not sure if this would help Screenshot_20220824-232102_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20220824-232108_Messages.jpg
0 Likes