Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send messages when not connected to the internet

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 12:48 PM)
B3C
Explorer
Options
For some reason I can't send any kind of message to a particular contact if I don't connect to the Internet. The send button is faded out and I can't press it

I have 'Chat' messages turned on, but the same occurs when it's turned off. 

Any ideas or similar issues?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Rude! My answer isn't rubbish it's a feature of the messaging app. You can 'chat' to people over WiFi without using SMS. I guess Google and Samsung both wanted a slice of the pie. In Google's app you can turn it off as I did, not sure how Samsung have their settings laid out though
0 Likes
B3C
Explorer
Options
I obviously didn't mean your answer was rubbish. The feature is, I only want to use the messaging app to text offline not send things over the Internet. I thought I had turned it off but I then can't send anything to this one contact
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@B3C: The Chat feature uses Wi-Fi, so the recipient in question must also have this feature enabled. If you'd rather use the Messages app for text and multimedia messages only then please open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Chat features, and toggle this option off. If your message contains pictures or emojis, or exceeds the character limit defined by your network, then Mobile Data will be required to send the message, as it will convert form SMS to MMS format. 

0 Likes