Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN ANYONE HELP?

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 10:52 PM)
Cav
First Poster
Options

i'm thinking of transferring the innards of one samsung galaxy A50 (network: 02) to another samsung galaxy A50 (network: Vodafone). Will the result be a samsung galaxy A50 (network: O2)?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
are you 100% certain they are both network locked? the result should be what you want but it's a rather drastic way of doing it. try an O2 SIM in the Vodafone one first
0 Likes
Cav
First Poster
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:
usually if its locked to a network it might be a waste of time. if you've had the phone for longer than a month on pay g or contract ended get it unlocked by them

How does the netwoek lock the phone? Is it through the motherboard or something else? Like if I have apps on one fone will they transfer over with the motherboard or the charger board?

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
As Bamy said probably easiest route first is to ask your network(s) for an unlock code
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you explain what you are trying to achieve as I don't understand how things will be any different?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
guessing the original has a damaged screen so they want to use the good bits in another phone locked to a different network. It would be far simpler to get it unlocked though
0 Likes