Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Call & text on other devices via hotspot

(Topic created on: 20-03-2024 05:33 PM)
temporalnaut
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a Galaxy Tab A9 and I like the "Call & text on other devices" features, so I will have to buy a Samsung phone to make it work. I am mainly concerned with making calls from the Galaxy Tab A9. Samsung's website says that both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, so the question is: will I be able to make calls to classic phone numbers on the Galaxy Tab A9 tablet, even if the Samsung mobile with which this tablet will be connected using the "Call & text on other devices", will it be connected to the hotspot of the same Galaxy Tab A9? They simply won't be on some shared Wi-Fi network since I won't be at home. Can anyone verify this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
with O2 network yes you can but I don't know if other will work. as long as your mobile phone and tablet have data, like 4g, 5g wifi ect..
it does not have to be the same wifi network to make call.
as I say before as long as both device have to be the same login user name with google and samsung account, so the device can be link together, to use each other data and call allowance.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
I don't know about your tab A9, but I have tab s8 plus LTE , that mean I have a separate sim for my tab s8 on contract, for data only. then I conect to my phone and enable call & text on other device, so my phone and tablet have to be the same google and samsung account to log in.
after I done all that I can just us my tablet to make call, or text using my mobile network data and call . with the number that I used on my phone. when I call or text using the tab it then ask me what number i want to use ,like through my mobile phone number or tablet number. I can also leaving my phone at home and just taking my tablet on a go then using it like a mobile phone.
0 Likes
temporalnaut
First Poster
Options

Yes, my Tab A9 is also LTE and has a slot for a data sim card. The important thing that I would like to know the answer to is whether the functions such as calling will work even if the devices are connected using the hotspot created by the Tab A9. There will be no other network, just the hotspot from the Tab A9.

0 Likes
Solution
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
with O2 network yes you can but I don't know if other will work. as long as your mobile phone and tablet have data, like 4g, 5g wifi ect..
it does not have to be the same wifi network to make call.
as I say before as long as both device have to be the same login user name with google and samsung account, so the device can be link together, to use each other data and call allowance.
0 Likes
temporalnaut
First Poster
Options

Thank you

0 Likes