Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen when screen view but there is sound

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 09:55 PM)
shaunster
First Poster
Options
I have just tried to smart view my s22 ultra to my lg tv that accepts smart view casting but when I cast anything to the TV I can only hear the sound hut I have no picture on the screen I have switched my phone off and started it back up and I have also done this with my tv and internet but it still doesn't work I have also tried this on my partners note s10+ and we get the exact same issue so I don't know if this is down to a software issue/bug but if anyone can think of any other solution please let me know 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
SereneH
Options
0 Likes
Members_yOSTdjV
Apprentice
Options

Hello, the whole thing has to do with data protection and the software. In the past, you could mirror your Samsung smartphone to any device that has the Smart view function. Certain content is now only released with sound on some devices. Just as an example: I have connected my mobile phone via the display of my BMW using smart mirroring. Only sound is played on Netflix or everything is darkened for certain content such as online banking. It works on the Samsung TV at home and everything is displayed, but unfortunately there are restrictions on third-party displays. I can only confirm that the software before 2020 still worked. The S8 or S7 Edge smartphones with the 2019 software could still play everything without any problems. That would work for me. Gradually, there were impairments in the Smart View with the software. Maybe it will be improved a bit in the future....