Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Routine - Auto Rotate

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 05:16 AM)
ST90
Apprentice
Options
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this issue. I've got bixby to auto rotate certain apps whilst in use i.e. YouTube, Maps, Photos and a few others. What I've been noticing is that now and again the routine stops working and I have to turn off then on bixby routine again in order for it to work again.

The second strange thing I've noticed as well is that when I turn turn bixby routine on from the quick settings panel I need "verify my identity". I dont recall ever having to do this previously, I just upgraded from the Galaxy S20 Ultra to the S22 Ultra. 

Can anyone help?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I'm guessing but I imagine the verification is because the quick settings are available to press to anyone who's using the phone, even when the screen is locked. Certain quick buttons like WiFi, Bluetooth and apparently Routines need the phone owner to verify before letting just anyone turn them off (or on).

For the rotate routine itself, I've never used it myself so I have no idea what might conflict with it. Check that the routine is set to reverse action when you close one of the apps in question, otherwise it might think that the routine is running perpetually and not bother to run itself again until restart.
0 Likes
ST90
Apprentice
Options
The verification makes sense and I can accept that.

The routine is just bugging me. I previously on my S20 Ultra had 8 apps that auto rotated and I can honestly say that nothing conflicted with anything.

The reverse action is on.

I even have bixby running in my notifications as of late to show me which routines are enabled, this is to see what what is causing the routine not to run. So far I've deducted that it's a time based issue i.e. After a couple of hours the routine just stops enabling itself.

I just hope that an update will be able to sort it out 🤞
0 Likes
Hai007er
Apprentice
Options

yesterday, i noticed the bixby routine casues ghost touch . hope this will be solved soon

0 Likes
ST90
Apprentice
Options
Oh?

What sort of things have you noticed?
0 Likes
LeoLe
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as yours.

Set the auto rotation for YouTube but have to turn on and off for using sometimes.

Please fix it Samsung 

Iscariah
First Poster
Options
I get this too. Is annoying, anyone found a fix?
0 Likes