Options
How do I join the Beta Program 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Colin,

I guess you did not like or possibly believe my reply to this exact same question you asked a few days ago 🤔😔.

If eligible for beta releases then you will see a banner at the top of the main screen in this Members app with a link to join the beta.

However, to be eligible, you, in most cases need a flagship device and have a CSC of BTU (in the UK).

As I replied to you before, I am really sorry but the device you have, the A40 is not even on the list to even receive a final release of android 12 yet alone a beta.

I appreciate you may be excited and want to take part in testing new software but unfortunately these facts will not change however many times you ask the same question 😔.

Stay safe and well out there!
Mark.
Colin131195
Journeyman
Options
Hello I now have a S8+. Will that get the beta
0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,
I'm sorry, that is not on the list either 😔.
Looks like only S10 and later devices will get 12 so definitely no beta. I'm really sorry Colin, I know it's pretty unfair and I know you are really keen to be involved and try out the latest software, really feel for you. Samsung just cannot support all the slightly older devices and have to devote their efforts on the latest models.
I think currently the rule is that they will provide O/S updates for three years or three major version updates, I may be wrong here but it's pretty close to this.

If you look at the details in the link below it shows you which devices will or at least should receive android 12 but this is the final release and not betas. The betas are always only run on flagship devices. It is just too much work to run and administer a beta rollout on every single device that is scheduled to receive the update.

Really wish I had better news for you Colin 😔.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/samsung-galaxy-android-12-update-info/amp/#Samsung-Android-12-Updates
0 Likes
Colin131195
Journeyman
Options
Will it at least get Android 10
0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Colin, apologies for not replying sooner. Pretty unwell at the moment and not always able to get on here or just use my hands to type at the moment.

To be honest I'm not sure but do a quick Google and it will tell you. I would have thought it would be on 10 already if or was though. Have you checked the Software Update page?
0 Likes