Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App sorting on Galaxy S10+

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 05:02 PM)
nickell
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I am new to android and Galaxy, having just switched from an iphone to the S10+, so please be gentle with me:

I am trying to sort my app icons on my Home and subequent screens alphabetically and get rid of some gaps that heave developed. I have seen videos showing you how to do it but when I use the 3 dots in the top right corner menu there is no Sort option. I have used the Apps Settings to order the list by name but that does not affect the Home screen sorting.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

nickell

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nickell  @SjorsK  has explained the Galaxy Home Screen/App Drawer  succinctly.    I think it is a good idea to create folders to organise a lot of the apps effectively and you can add a shortcut for them to the Home screen, the Samsung and Google Folders  for instance are already created.   Personally I prefer a fairly minimialist Home Screen but the choice is yours.   The quick settings area useful feature, swipe down once for notifications and a few icons, if you swipe down twice the full list is displayed.   From here you can reorder buttons, view quick panel layout and status bar with notification and battery % settings.

Basically Android offers a lot more customisation than IOS,  you may find it a bit different  but sure you will get to grips with it and the Community will help out with any queries.   Some tips in this guide joyofandroid.com/tips-and-tricks-for-samsung-galaxy-s10-and-s10-plus 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Welcome to Galaxy!

The home screen itself has no option for automated sorting (Its more of a "shortcut" page for things you use the most, you can also add control center like widgets on there for apps that support it). Where in iOS its more like a menu with all apps.

There is something simular to the iOS home menu on your phone, but its slightly more hidden. This is how you get there:
- Put your finger on the bottom of the screen and swipe up.

This menu is called the app drawer and functions the same as the iOS home screen. To sort that go to the three dots right above and click on sort.

Its a slightly different way of thinking but I hope this helps! :smiling-face:

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nickell  @SjorsK  has explained the Galaxy Home Screen/App Drawer  succinctly.    I think it is a good idea to create folders to organise a lot of the apps effectively and you can add a shortcut for them to the Home screen, the Samsung and Google Folders  for instance are already created.   Personally I prefer a fairly minimialist Home Screen but the choice is yours.   The quick settings area useful feature, swipe down once for notifications and a few icons, if you swipe down twice the full list is displayed.   From here you can reorder buttons, view quick panel layout and status bar with notification and battery % settings.

Basically Android offers a lot more customisation than IOS,  you may find it a bit different  but sure you will get to grips with it and the Community will help out with any queries.   Some tips in this guide joyofandroid.com/tips-and-tricks-for-samsung-galaxy-s10-and-s10-plus 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

nickell
Student
Options

Hi both,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

I have now realised that before I could follow your advice I had to use Settings to turn on the Apps Drawer but, having done that, it was just a matter of a couple of screen taps!

Best,

nickell

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@nickell  No problem, as long as sorted now.

0 Likes
Awahik
First Poster
Options

.  The 3 dots 

0 Likes