Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J6 Plus Taking Blurred Pictures

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 12:41 AM)
KKelly
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I've got the J6 Plus and within the last week the rear camera on all apps has started taking blurred pictures.

Apps and software all up to date and I've rebooted the phone to see if that would help and still takes blurred pictures.

Can anyone help with this.

Thanks in Adv.

Killian.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @KKelly! Please clean the rear's phone camera with a clean cloth. Now, follow these steps to clear the Cache: Settings > Apps > 3 dots (top right) > Show System Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache and restart your phone, leaving the device completely off for 3-5 minutes before turning it back on. 

0 Likes
KKelly
First Poster
Options

Hey @CarloL,

Thank you for your response.

I have cleaned the camera lenses, cleared the cache and restarted the phone while leaving it completely off for 3-5 minutes.

The camera is still taking blurred pictures.

What would be the next step to attempt to solve the issue.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Could you take a picture while the phone is in Safe Mode? This will disable all third party applications temporarily, to see if they are the root cause of the issues you’re having. To do this turn your phone off, then back on, and when you spot the Samsung logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see displayed ‘Safe Mode’. While the phone is in Safe Mode, is the picture just taken still blurry? 

0 Likes
KKelly
First Poster
Options

Hey @CarloL

I've tried that there and even in Safe Mode the picture is still blurred.

Thank you,

KKelly.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Is the software on your phone up to date, @KKelly? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again.

0 Likes
KKelly
First Poster
Options

Hi @ChrisM

Yes the software is fully up to date. I have tried the soft reset and the pictures are still blurred.

Thank you,

KKelly

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Let's test your camera now: Samsung Members app > Press Get help > Press Interactive checks > Camera. Once completed, please share the results. 

0 Likes
KKelly
First Poster
Options

Hi @CarloL

Please see attached the image of results.

Rear Camera - Action Required

Front Camera - Normal

Is there anything else that I can try??

Thank you,

KKelly.

Screenshot_20200503-184042_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @KKelly ,

It's looking more likely to be a hardware issue, sadly. 🙁

Assuming that you've not got a case on the phone that's somehow affecting the rear camera, then as a more last-resort software troubleshooting measure you could try a data backup using Smart Switch: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/ (and/or cloud storage, e.g.: https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-cloud/), and carry out a factory data reset.

If it's still the same after that, then it'll definitely need a Support Centre to take a look at it. 

0 Likes