Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 Beta

(Topic created on: 15-08-2023 09:43 AM)
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
I know is your personal choice trying the beta software but let me kindly explain to you why I will be never ever again trying Beta version. 
I was extremely impatient once when few years ago had S10 Plus and I tried Beta. Wow what a mess I had I will never forget. 
Just a few things and this most of times with Beta version everywhere. 
- No contactless payments worked
- touch ID hardly recognised 
- apps frozen 
I'm travelling a lot daily and easy to use NFC payment or travelling etc for me is important to not pick up the phone always if I have a watch. So the Beta just was a nightmare. After another nightmare long downloading process to back the previous software. 
Personally I learned the lessons be patience and wait for the stable official software if you don't want headache. But again is your personal choice. 

Have a nice day to everyone 
4 REPLIES 4
Vetri
Voyager
Options
I went through a similar thing where my HSBC app stopped working it was a nightmare
wintersmith
Pioneer
Options
Beta operating system aren't signed by Google and security can be compromised that's why alot of payment systems and biometric login are disabled.
FOXY10
Navigator
Options
wow!!! did you discover hot water? 🤣🤣
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's. Why they are called Beta for a reason.

People just get hyped and then learn it the hard way.

I have tried two betas so far and didn't have many issues . Touchwood.

The Google pay not working is a common one in betas .

Also some banking apps won't work.

I feel Samsung betas are quiet good.

As a rule of thumb it's best to have stuff backed up and be ready to reset your phone if things do go pear shaped.
0 Likes