Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA find my mobile

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 09:32 AM)
Connorcaunt1
Student
Options

Hi anyone , so I want my Samsung account to be secure but just in case I lost my device I need to be able to use find my mobile to do so but if I have 2FA enabled I would need access to my device to get a code to log in ? Should Samsung make a way around this or any advice ? Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Connorcaunt1 wrote:

Hi anyone , so I want my Samsung account to be secure but just in case I lost my device I need to be able to use find my mobile to do so but if I have 2FA enabled I would need access to my device to get a code to log in ? Should Samsung make a way around this or any advice ? Thanks

When you enable and initially verify 2-step verification for your Samsung account it gives you the option to download/print backup codes:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Find-my-mobile-and-two-step-verificat...

Connorcaunt1
Student
Options

This is a good solution but you would think Samsung would implicate some more efficient solution like other companies like allowing location to device with a additional pin or allow the Samsung codes to be accessed via watch or remotly lock via watch if connected to network etc , anyway my current solution as it stands is using Cerberus and having a copy of certain account codes on my watch , my phone will lock and disable NFC if my watch goes out of range restricting access and access to mobile payments , around this point I'd need to find a device authorised with my Samsung account to lock and locate device or a nearby machine to utilise Cerberus or Samsung and use My backup codes deep stored in My watch , thanks for all the posts and replies !

0 Likes