Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco app not working on family hub

(Topic created on: 25-08-2020 12:46 PM)
Newfridgeowner
Apprentice
Options

Hi after some help and support please.  Just got a new family hub fridge and set it up.  But having problems with It.

A) Tesco app I can install it but can not sign in - keeps looping back to same page.  

I have checked that and it’s not asking for me to update it.

B) I am sending pictures to the fridge via the correct app.  I get a notification on my phone to say they were uploaded...but do not appear on the fridge.  

any help will be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
abehanan
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with the Tesco App on my family hub. how can we fix this? the "accept cookies" screen does not disappear and if it does, it will still not allow to sign in. Has it been fixed now? any help will be great. It is a bit pointless if we cannot use a shopping app on the family hub. i have logged a ticket as well with the smart things team. has this issue been fixed for anyone else?

0 Likes
Newfridgeowner
Apprentice
Options

No not fixed and Samsung not bothered.. two tickets logged and a number of calls to them with no call back just passed from person to person . Not happy and I still want this fixed.  If more people could comment if they have the same problem Samsung may take note.  CurrysPCW not much better either not interested.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

My colleagues have advised that they're working to get issues with the app sorted. In the meantime, they've also advised a workaround of logging in on the web browser instead, and creating a bookmark/shortcut icon:

thumbnail_image001.png

Let us know how it goes. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Newfridgeowner
Apprentice
Options

thanks for responding...but no this does not work either..the log in page just loops back to the home page..any idea when your colleagues will have this resolved?

0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

If you add things to the shopping list  and click buy online, it should give you options of retailers I selected TESCO and it added the items into my basket. It offered alternatives if not available and offered my time slots.

tesco.jpg

SPOFBOY
Student
Options

I've been having the same issues trying to log into the Tesco app. As reported in many posts you can't just log in. Not the most intuitive way of doing things but adding to  shopping list and then buying online worked great you just have to sign in a couple of times, one to get the items in your basket and then again to actually sign in and view delivery slots. Thanks @Paul_HL for the workaround. 
Think Samsung need to get the app login sorted for Tesco as well as other store options and access to a wider range of apps to make this a viable smart fridge rather than just a gimmick.

0 Likes
SPOFBOY
Student
Options

Just an addition to this, the only issue is that the shopping list now takes you straight to Tesco, so you can't add anything to the list on the fridge screen itself without going into Tesco and adding into your basket.

Workaround is to use the shopping list on the family hub on phone or tablet!

0 Likes
MichalDataOps
Journeyman
Options

I've got the same problem with Tesco app, logging in to anything actually even through the Internet app doesn't work. Must be a problem with cookies processing, but they're enabled in the app setting, so that comes back to a bug that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
Dave2bull
First Poster
Options
hi I have this problem as well it isn't just the tesco app, it is the same with the asda aswell. try to buy online from the shopping list and the Internet browser just keep looping back to the log in screen, which is a shame as this feature would be very useful.
0 Likes