Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NQ50J9530BS no clock in standby

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 09:27 AM)
Sam129
First Poster
Options

I have just got an combo oven NQ50J9530B. I have set the options correctly but on standby mode thd display goes totally off so cannot see the time. Please don't just tell me about the settings in the manual for this. It's pretty simple but there is no standby clock either digital or analogue. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Sam129 ,

the clock is only available when the appliance is turned on, I'm afraid. 

0 Likes
Sam129
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying.

The manual and front panel show options for displaying the clock in standby mode. It can be digital or analogue.

When the unit goes into standby mode, the display is completely black.

Is this a bug with this software version? v0116
Can this be updated?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

My Bad! It appears that the oven enters Standby mode after a certain time of inactivity, which displays the current time. You can enable or disable the clock screen that appears in Standby mode.

• Access Menu > Settings, and then tap to toggle between On and Off.

0 Likes
Sam129
First Poster
Options

Thanks you for making an effort but you are not really helping at all.  I am able to read the manual and carry out  tasks. you still have not understood actual problem.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry for the misundestanding here. Have you been able to use this before? Keep in mind that if this is not operating correctly after following the steps listed on the manual, I would suggest getting this examined by one of our engineers to have a look at this for you. Find their contact details here:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
jowarner16
First Poster
Options

Curious did you get a answer to fix the problem. I just purchased NX60T8711SS and in standby mode I do not get a clock as the manual says. 

0 Likes
Sam129
First Poster
Options

It took ages to get a definitive answer - No the clock does not stay on in standby mode. I returned the oven.

0 Likes