Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 6 washing machine: enabling Bubble Soak with Laundry Planner

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 12:05 AM)
FuzzyDunlop
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have had a Series 6 washing machine for a couple of years now, and enjoy using the app to set my cycles and make use of the 'Laundry Planner' to set my finish time.

One problem I have always had though is I cannot seem to enable the Bubble Soak option when delaying the end time using Laundry Planner mode. No matter how I select it, whenever I start the wash with a delay, it removes the Bubble Soak. 

Does anyone have a fix? Thanks
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

I know this exact issue you're having and it's frustrating to say the least, the only fix I can assume is that Samsung should push either a controller update to smartthings or a firmware update to your connected washer!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

maybe you could discuss this with the apps developers and see if they can add it on a next update of the app:
support@smartthings.com

0 Likes
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

That'd be great but they no longer monitor that email anymore, so it's a dead end!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@thejakelet wrote:

That'd be great but they no longer monitor that email anymore, so it's a dead end!

Thats a shame
0 Likes
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

Speaking of washer firmwares and Application updates, I saw a while back in the forum you had a spelling mistake when the wash cycle finished! Did that ever get fixed via an update? Also have you had the less microfiber programme pushed to your washer yet?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@thejakelet wrote:

Speaking of washer firmwares and Application updates, I saw a while back in the forum you had a spelling mistake when the wash cycle finished! Did that ever get fixed via an update? Also have you had the less microfiber programme pushed to your washer yet?

Hello there- no its still spelt wrong LOL, makes me laugh from time to time 😁
And no , no Firmware updates at all pushed to me at all on the smarthings app since I bought the washing machine

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Talking of firmware I see in the app about this message of Open Source Licence - does this mean that they (Samsung) has released the software as open licence so people can freely write apps that work with the washing machine and adapt the software app? 

andy_in_ireland_1-1705018083761.png

0 Likes
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

It's a strange one, ours has had a couple of things added but according to Samsung an update was coming to all WiFi connected 2021 and later washing machines to add the Less microfiber programme before the end of the year, and it's fine through a update notification through smartthings but I've never ever seen it!

Surely they wouldn't release the washer firmware as open source?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@thejakelet wrote:

It's a strange one, ours has had a couple of things added but according to Samsung an update was coming to all WiFi connected 2021 and later washing machines to add the Less microfiber programme before the end of the year, and it's fine through a update notification through smartthings but I've never ever seen it!

Surely they wouldn't release the washer firmware as open source?

I never got any updates, I don't think I ever will now. I think our series 5+ WW90T534 is 2019 or 2020 model and hasn't even got an add wash door,  and it was the cheapest of the range at 520euro's and so maybe that's why we have never had an update for it

0 Likes