Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ecobubble WF80F5E2W4X keeps switching itself off

(Topic created on: 26-03-2017 05:21 PM)
paulburdekin
First Poster
Options

My 18 month old Samsung Ecobubble WF80F5E2W4X washing machine keeps switching itself off/stopping mid cycle.

I have no idea why it has just started doing this, it works for a few minutes on a normal cycle then just seems to stop, there are no "error messages" it just seems to freeze and doesn't carry on with the programme.

I have cleaned everything, recalibrated the machine, checked all the connections but still won't work.

Any ideas?????

33 REPLIES 33
Arriarrison
Student
Options
Ive just replaced the PCB in my Samsung Eco Bubble WF1804WPU2. The tripping out is still happenung. I am now wondering if its a faulty power regulator. At the back of the machine, where the power cable is, there is a cylindrical unit where the power feeds into. Im going to see if I can get this checked as, if this has become faulty, the power may trip as the PCB moves between cycles in a wash. I noticed when thd machine was on a spin cycle, it always tripped at 4 or 1 mjnute remaining. Exacthy thd same time and exactly as the cycle moved from one segment of the wash to another. Anyone any ideas what the small cylindrical component is which is bolted to the chassis, next to the earth wire and with input from the mains?
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

sounds like metal capacitor / suppressor for smoothing out the AC and stopping interference through radio/tv etc .... or it could be motor capacitor ... but I still think its a suppressor instead to stop interference

0 Likes
Arriarrison
Student
Options
Yeah, noise damper is on the label. I've cleaned the contacts and put it back together. Switching on and off no bother so running a 55 minute daily wash to see what happens.
Rosey19
First Poster
Options

Mine has just started doing the same . It like the cycle get stuck on a particular minute then switches off and on and just keeps doing that bit of thre cycle

0 Likes