Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ecobubble WF80F5E2W4X keeps switching itself off

(Topic created on: 26-03-2017 05:21 PM)
paulburdekin
First Poster
Options

My 18 month old Samsung Ecobubble WF80F5E2W4X washing machine keeps switching itself off/stopping mid cycle.

I have no idea why it has just started doing this, it works for a few minutes on a normal cycle then just seems to stop, there are no "error messages" it just seems to freeze and doesn't carry on with the programme.

I have cleaned everything, recalibrated the machine, checked all the connections but still won't work.

Any ideas?????

33 REPLIES 33
Dod1111
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Any solution.?!!!!

Watson4
First Poster
Options

Mines just started doing exactly the same. I guess it's saved me 

time rewriting the fault out. Surely Samsung must be aware of this! Wont be buying samsung again! 

duncanjw
Student
Options

Thanks for posting this and to everyone for responding.

We are experiencing exactly the same issue with a Samsung Ecobubble WW70J5555MW/EU washing machine so I was able to point Samsung support at this to explain the issue is not unique to us or due to faulty socket/plug/cable/fuse etc.

I will let you know how I get on.

duncanjw
Student
Options

Update. Samsung organized a visit by a service engineer who has changed the circuit board as a "precaution" but claimed that the problem might be a partially melted fuse in the plug.

Seriously? This sounds like a ruse to try and get us to pay for the call out since (a) a partially melted fuse would surely have given off noxious fumes and (b) this is a factory fitted component since plugs are an integral part of domestic appliances and have been for years.

Therefore in the unlikely event that a partially melted fuse causes the washing machine to intermittently switch itself off then miraculously reset every time all I can say is that there is a first for everything but if that is the case there must be a quality control issue with the plug supplier used by Samsung.

0 Likes
Nessa3
First Poster
Options

Just seen this post while searching to find a solution. My Samsung eco bubble is also doing the same, it switches off about 5-6 minutes into a cycle, the display goes completely blank, we were replacing the fuse each time, but then  discovered that switching it off and on again at the socket seems to get it going again without the need to change the fuse. I have been luckier than most as my machine is 6 years old and has been very reliable up to just recently, it is a shame as I was attracted to the 10 year guarantee, which is a waste of time if it appears to be an electronic issue. Sort it out Samsung, it is a big blight to an otherwise very good machine. Think it’s time to replace, might go back to Bosch this time though

Jimbo169527
First Poster
Options

I had a problem with my Samsung WF80F5E2W4X/EU stopping mid cycle with no error code.  It turned out to be a faulty door lock.  I bought a replacement on-line and was able to replace it myself within 10 minutes after watching a YouTube video.  So far so good, the machine has worked perfectly.

0 Likes
Simon St
First Poster
Options

Hi I am having same issue - however my is powering back on after a short while, either allowing me to continue the cycle from where it left off, or it's just lets me start a new cycle from the start. 

Samsung support say it's a power issue, which I'm not convinced. There is no error code, and just like @Nessa3 it gets going again. I'm curious as to the timing of when it switches off as it might be a safety override - the drum is partially full of water and it's warm/hot, which suggests it's doing the initial part of the cycle to fill up with the cold water and heat. Mine's probably switching off maybe 20mins into the daily wash cycle (1h05) so my theory is it might be onto the drain cycle. 

So I started to check other items on the machine as that could mean the drain pump is broken, but it has been draining when I've run a rinse and drain cycle after one of these power cycles and that's worked. I then checked the drain hose and that was pretty badly clogged with gunk so I've tried cleaning that out and now just waiting to see whether I can run a rinse and spin cycle to see if water is coming out the drain hose. Failing that, I will replace the drain hose, try again and then get an engineer! 

0 Likes
steph smith
First Poster
Options

Did the new circuit board and/or new fuse fix it? I'm having same problem 😞 

0 Likes
Speedincaesar
First Poster
Options

We have just begun to have the same issue. Does anybody from Samsung ever reply on here?

0 Likes
Stephaney
Student
Options

My Samsung EcoBubble has started doing this. Stopped two minutes after starting a 1-hour cycle. It turned on again briefly before shutting off again. August 2022, this problem is still recurring. 

0 Likes