Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 18-05-2017 06:59 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
sam226
Student
Options

Hi there I have the same problem with the machine just stopping no rhyme or reason and it's driving me mad!  is your machine ok now? 

0 Likes
jw77
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Unfortunately not, Samsung are refusing to repair, I'm going to see if I can source the control board and replace it myself. If not I will purchase a better quality machine. Never a Samsung again.

0 Likes
lebo50
First Poster
Options

Hi all

I've also had the same pausing problem and the guarantee ran out in June.  

I first phoned the repair support for my local area who were completely unhelpful.

I then phoned Samsung customer service in Paris (we're in France) expecting to be left hanging for ages but the call was answered almost immediately by a very well trained customer support person.  They took all my details including mobile phone, all the details of the machine, sympathised with the problem, made several suggestions (all of which I'd already tried) and at the very end said there was nothing that could be done as the machine was out of warrenty! 

I asked for the name and number of a complaints manager but was only given an email address - which I expected would disappear into the ether.  However, after sending a bried email containing the links to several forum discussions such as this one I was impressed to receive a call within 7 days from the repair company asking when they could come and fix the machine.

The board was replaced and the repair man said that the old boards were not adequately protected against the vibrations of the machine.  Newer boards are more robust - so make sure if you're buying a new board that it is a new model!

We are very pleased with the service from Samsung France.

It's worth persevering for a response.

sam226
Student
Options

This is great news - thanks so much for your post.

I have to keep recalibrating my machine and it then runs fine for a couple of washes. I have heard nothing back from Samsung at all. 

Does anyone have any direct contact details of someone willing to help here in the U.K?! 

0 Likes
Norman
Explorer
Options

The issue here is that Samsung know they have a problem with this board but continue to refuse to repair it when it is out of warrenty. They should say we are aware of the issue and will send someone out to fix it. We should not have to fight for this right, it is the inherent responsibility of a Company like Samsung to hold their hands up and say we fitted a dodgy board we will recify it. There will be hundreds of others with the same problem. This does not paint Samsung in a good light.

Yvonne4
Apprentice
Options
How did u fix this
jw77
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I replaced the board myself, working great since I did.

Have a look at my thread for this problem and I have described how to replace early, let me know if you can't see it and I'll copy and past.

Hope this helps.

oilburner
First Poster
Options

This is EXACTLY the same problem we're having with our WF80F5E5U4W.

It's an absolute pain.  Some programmes work fine, others (the most used ones!) keep stopping at exactly the same point and do that little jerk of the drum before just giving up and stopping without so much as an error etc.

The water supply is fine, the drain is fine and I'm pretty sure the heater is fine too.  So what is it doing?

Our machine is just over 3 years old and we're very disappointed with it, after what had been a very good run at first.

Makes you wonder about buying Samsung products again.

jw77
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

If your product is still under warranty then I would get Samsung to repair it, it will be the main PCB. I got nowhere with my warranty so replaced the PCB myself, very easy to do although a little expensive for the PCB (£160ish).

Yvonne4
Apprentice
Options

hi i got mine fixed.they are extending warranty for 5 years as theres prob with them..i had to get some part which has been modified..