Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wonder AI Wash and Super Speed (39 min) washes so well...

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 10:06 PM)
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Hi all,

I've discovered something new on the Samsung AI machines. If you turn on childlock (to avoid changing options) and tap the wash, then spin, then rinse, then spin buttons within a period of 3 seconds, you can access live machine data. 

Turn the dial until the display reads 0008 and you get to see the live temperature (482 means 48.2⁰C as an example). 0018 shows the live motor speed in RPM.

Numbers range from 0001 to 0092. Perhaps some of these numbers will show total service hours or the last displayed error code. Not all the numbers show information on my machine (WW11BB944DGHS1)

Anyway, here's a surprise I wasn't expecting. For Super Speed 40⁰C and AI Wash with a half or full load (even before soil level is thoroughly analysed), the machine does a 50⁰C wash and reheats the water every time the temperature goes below 48⁰C. 

Since normal soiling on the AI programme is the exact same as a standard Cottons 40⁰C, I'd imagine that that reaches 50⁰C too. I'll try it out when I get a chance. 

Interestingly, Super Speed 30⁰C reaches exactly 30⁰C. I would've expected something around 33⁰C since it is an intensive programme.

50.0⁰C with reheats. Energy consumption isn't actually high despite this.

It only took about 25 minutes to heat the water from 10.9⁰C to 50⁰C. 2000W heating elements are pretty mighty.

Heating up to 50⁰C saves time though as I just discovered. 10 minutes after I took the pictures, the machine detected heavy soiling and added extra water and detergent. An extra rinse was added too and the wash time extended by half an hour. 

When the water (around 10⁰C) was added, the temperature didn't fall below 43⁰C. Clever, I suppose.
6 REPLIES 6
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@EcoBubbleUser944 wrote:
Hi all,

I've discovered something new on the Samsung AI machines. If you turn on childlock (to avoid changing options) and tap the wash, then spin, then rinse, then spin buttons within a period of 3 seconds, you can access live machine data. 

Turn the dial until the display reads 0008 and you get to see the live temperature (482 means 48.2⁰C as an example). 0018 shows the live motor speed in RPM.

Numbers range from 0001 to 0092. Perhaps some of these numbers will show total service hours or the last displayed error code. Not all the numbers show information on my machine (WW11BB944DGHS1)

Wow! - what a find!! - Gonna try this out on my WW90T534DAW tomorrow, its not as top end model as yours as it has no super speed wash and just basic drum , but still hopefully should work.
thanks for posting

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
You're welcome! I forgot to add that it's the same buttons in the same order you need to tap to switch it off and go back to the usual programme name and status display. I was actually surprised to see 1400rpm is actually true 1400rpm instead of 1350rpm like on on LG or Whirlpool made machine. Even my last Samsung washer dryer, which had a direct drive motor for some reason, only reached 1350rpm. I'm impressed!
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Thank you - I saw this youtube video after I read your post, it got me curious 🙂

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Can't lie, that is the video I watched too. Couldn't believe it. Tried it myself and it worked! Oh well, the video was never copyrighted haha. I thought the temperature data would be a good one to note since my old Samsung had it too. It's interesting to see the true temperature
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yeah good video - glad you found it and alerted us 😀

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried it on your machine yet? So far I've discovered that Cottons 90⁰C + Intensive heats to 80⁰C (it does appear to struggle above 65⁰C) and Quick Wash 40⁰C heats to around 30⁰C before time runs out.
0 Likes