Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letters Rubbing Off On Washing Machine

(Topic created on: 12-12-2017 06:17 PM)
Devindd027
First Poster
Options

I purchased a Samsung front loader washer, model WF424H5200AW/A2, about two years ago.  Just recently, the letters have started to rub off on the control panel for no apparent reason.  I called customer service to see if it could be fixed as it is still in warranty.  Unfortunately, they said they cannot help as it is a cosmetic issue.  I was then told to contact the parts department to see if they could sell me new decals.  As disheartening as this was, I decided to at least give it a try.  Upon speaking to the parts department I was informed that decals don't exist and that I would have to buy a whole new control panel.  

I know Samsung considers this cosmetic, but I would disagree as I need to see what cycle I am using!  A brand new machine should not have this issue.  Clearly, cheap ink is being used.  In addition to the washer, I own a Samsung dryer, tv, and refrigerator.  I was going to buy a new stove this weekend but will probably steer clear of Samsung and go with the GE model I have been looking at.  I am so disappointed by the quality of the product and the unhelpful customer service I received.  If you're looking into purchasing a Samsung washer and dryer I would reconsider and explore other options.  

21 REPLIES 21
StaceyD
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me as well but my dryer is one year newer.  Was there any resolution?

Wayne984
Student
Options
same here
0 Likes
MAS123
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with the Samsung Washer that I purchased in November 2020.  The lettering has rubbed off the front panel and I can no longer read the information for the control buttons to start the washer or to use the other controls.  I purchased an extended warranty and Samsung will not cover this defect, as they say it is Cosmetic.  It is so sad that Samsung has a defect in their product and they will not cover it.    It was only 6 months old when this happened.  

Suvanna
Student
Options

..same issue after 7 months since new. Disgruntled spending having spent a lot more than other brands for quality on what I thought was the a good brand. Haven’t been in touch with them having read all these comments. Best wishes 

DA54319E-0E61-4658-AB1B-B97D4FF2D204.jpeg

0 Likes
Suvanna
Student
Options

Same issue on new 7 month old washer. Disgruntled, that should not happen on any machine let alone an expensive Samsung. 

1116AF55-9A8D-4337-BDCD-F7E2462D51DC.jpeg

consumer108
First Poster
Options

The same thing started happening to mine in less than one and a half years. It is happening to my friend's Samsung machine as well. I too will avoid Samsung products, not because this happened but because of their lack of understanding the importance of something like this and not offering a solution. I can understand if a product is found to be defective in some way, but not addressing it is simply poor customer service--not something I'm eager to become a return buyer for.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

how must you be turning the selector dial to wear them numbers off like that , your fingers/knuckles must be brushing against the facia panel whereas normally you would grab the dial with your fingers and not even have to brush past where the printed writing is... other than that wiping the facia panel with solvents rather than just a damp soft cloth 

0 Likes
smigglyroo
Student
Options

At about 18 months with mine. Same response but was told to ask for a one-time courtesy repair. Will let you know how that goes!

0 Likes
smigglyroo
Student
Options

You can't assume that! The letters on the dryer are not disappearing and I'm sure my knuckles are not rubbing them.

BUT even if they were, Samsung should have sufficient technology to combat this issue. It's 2023!!! Instead of screen print, perhaps they should be etched or on a separate plate that's installed around the ***** if this is going to be an issue, which clearly it is.