Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 10:39 PM)
Ladylu505
Apprentice
Options

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

53 REPLIES 53
ardipitheca
First Poster
Options

Well, I haven't yet... still early days.  I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how or at least what I'm up against 😉  Maybe someone who has already had already removed the bottom panel to see underneath, if only for another issue?  I still haven't done that but I have noted how others have done it.

Mine black hose hasn't become completely unattached but has definitely disengaged from something as it is loose,  unlike before.. I assume you are unable to use your machine? I figure there must be a sensor or something that prevents the machine being used. A service manual would probably be helpful! If I do manage to fix it  though,  or if I have to get someone in to do the job, I will post the results. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

0 Likes
ardipitheca
First Poster
Options

(Sorry, I thought I'd replied to you but don't see it here!) I wrote: Well, I haven't yet... still early days.  I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how or at least what I'm up against 

Maybe someone who has already had already removed the bottom panel to see underneath, if only for another issue?  I still haven't done that but I have noted how others have done it.

Mine black hose hasn't become completely unattached but has definitely disengaged from something as it is loose,  unlike before.. I assume you are unable to use your machine? I figure there must be a sensor or something that prevents the machine being used. A service manual would probably be helpful! If I do manage to fix it  though,  or if I have to get someone in to do the job, I will post the results. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

0 Likes
ardipitheca
First Poster
Options

DETACHED HOSE FIXED! Much like for a hose that falls back into the machine, this was an easy fix. First we had to remove the dryer as I have a stacked compact set. Next we tilted the washer back to be able to look underneath (we didn't need to lay it down completely since the tube is in the front of the machine. There is a corrugated plastic bottom that with open sections, so we only had to loosen a corner by removing a couple of screws to see the mechanism properly while one person held the machine in the tilted-back position. (I remind you that my machine is over a decade old and I don't know if all machines are the same) I didn't actually do the repair, but basically, the hose, which is normally attached with a butterfly clasp had come loose. It was relatively simple to re-attach manually it with the same clasp in a matter of minutes! Hope this description helps someone down the line!

0 Likes
Christina 3
First Poster
Options

Any answer on how to make the hose longer. I have to tilt pan and hold hose. I have to make multiple trips to empty the pan. All this while bending way over all the time. I'm to old to sit on floor.

0 Likes