Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning washing door addwash ecobubble

(Topic created on: 14-04-2020 10:06 PM)
NailahJ
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know how to clean the door of the washing machine?

Little bits of dust / soap powder / seasoning etc gets into the rim of the door.

It bothers me that something so nice and modern can look "worn for wear" by a small fault.

I dont want to take apart the washing machine door and cant put it back together 

May I add it cannot be flushed out with water it amazes me how things get in there

31 REPLIES 31
Andreea_C87
Student
Options

Hello, I got inspired today and said to give it a try. I managed to fit inside that gap a sealed wet napkin, the ones that you use for cleaning your glasses. Scraped the dirt that got stuck inside, took it out with the vacuum cleaner,

D9D368CF-1A9E-4DA1-A558-68958B3E3326.jpeg

4BA43E70-E7D1-4643-9812-CAB761AE76C4.jpeg

C5AA6378-2178-420B-B087-54E88FEBEC94.jpeg

and after that wrapped that wet napkin around another sealed one and wiped the insides of the edges clean. And it worked! It is not as good as when it was new, but still :smiling-face: Hope you have a great day! And stay safe! Cheers!

Demetirs
First Poster
Options

Genius! I just followed your technique and worked like a charm :smiling-face: Thank you!

0 Likes
Katie Hyg
First Poster
Options

16148727914992021665491481513309.jpg

I have had the same problem with a mucky door rim around my Samsung ecobubble washing machine and also my new tumble dryer I called out an engineer as the tumble dryer was still under warranty and he recommended me to buy a handheld steam cleaner and it's done an amazing job ...I bought a Bissell steam shot because it was the best reviewed one, cost £40 but can get cheaper types for  around £20.. hope this helps!!!

Darrenjames
First Poster
Options
ive had 2 doors replaced under the warranty for the same issues. both within a 3 year period
0 Likes
flavio maia
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, my brand new washing machine looks like *****. I would like to know how to dismantle the crystal rim to clean it. I cannot believe that samsung has not verified this issue...

McQBall
First Poster
Options
Worked really well thanks for the tip. I also used a baby wipe and some folded kitchen roll to get in as much as I could to clean out the goop
0 Likes
Meadowside
First Poster
Options

The glass wipe within its sealed packet worked alongside a canister of compressed air used to clean electrical items. 

0 Likes
Mimi591
Student
Options

Jees, how did you get them to do that, I can’t even get the to reply, I’ve had cases going through for a year, they say different things each time. Sometimes saying it isn’t covered under the warranty. Others I will have to pay and then they will refund me if they find it is their issue. The service is appalling 

0 Likes
Mimi591
Student
Options

How do we get decent service from Samsung? I’ve been trying to get this resolved for close to a year, they don’t reply to emails, don’t call back when they say they will. 

The service is shockingly bad. You try and speak to technical departments who have no idea what they are talking about, I keep being advised by them to do a drum clean to clean the outside of the washing machine. They are supposed to be technical surely they understand that would be impossible 

Now I’m having to pay for a call out charge (they can’t tell me how much the call out charge is) so I’ve got to agree to an unknown amount of money just to get someone to look at an issue that wasn’t caused by me. 

oh no now they are saying it’s out of warranty even though I’ve been chasing this for a year when it was well in warranty and only a year old 

0 Likes
Karen-1
First Poster
Options

Don’t know if you’ll see this. But thank you so much. Mine was so bad was debating buying a new washer. Now it’s like new.