Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Autodose drawer for a normal drawer

(Topic created on: 01-04-2024 09:38 PM)
chesterflaps
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know if I can buy a normal drawer to replace my autodose drawer so I control the amount of detergent and softener to use?

I have had nothing but issues for the 13 months I have had this machine. I have it set to use the highest amount of detergent and highest amount of softener yet clothes still smell foisty from time to time.

I have had numerous people out to look at drainage etc and Samsung even sent a guy out to check it and couldn't see anything wrong with my setup but did replace the autodose assembly just in case. There is still an issue.

I never had a problem before getting this machine and the only difference really is this terrible autodose function.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

i'm not a expert by any means but I dont think it will be as easy as relacing drawer. - I reckon you would have to take it all apart and replace the housing as well, because on a autodose the only spray jets at the top of the housing will be in the middle compartment, on a manual dose the spray jets will be over the 3 compartments (prewash/rinse - normal does compartment and fabric softener compartment) and will switch to the required jets at the right time of the wash cycle .

The Autodose machine has only on water inlet solenoid where as a manual dose washing machine will have at least 2 water inlet  solenoids inside (1 for soap detergent drawer and 1 for the fabric softener compartment) 

If you put in a manual dose drawer the machine will report 'wash drawer open' and will bleep like mad (it might even stop the washer) because with an autodose drawer that will press on a switch in the detergent housing to tellthe machine that the compartment drawer is closed, you dont get that switch on a manual dose samsung washing machine  - plus the software will all need changing because the autodose washing machine will think that the autodose drawer is in it, its will not be intelligent enough to know you have changed it to a drawer off a manual dose machine.

if you are having trouble with dosage you could try trial and error approach, using granules you toss into the drum before washing which has an extra perfume fragrance in them like Lenor unstoppables something like that.
If you think its under dosing on detergent try another time with some liquid capsules, toss it/them into the drum and put the clothes on top, or add washing powder instead of liquid into the middle compartment of the auto  dose drawer and see how you get on with that , sometimes powder is better than liquid as its got bleach in with the powder along with other chemicals that liquid might not have, and will keep the internals of the washing machine (drum etc) cleaner than liquid which can end up gooey especially if you wash on a cooler wash temperature most of the time. - If you are on ecological wash detergent (because of saving the environment or some other reason) try doing a few washes with Biological liquid or powder which is good for breaking down stains and odours .  and try and use hotter washes to kill bacteria, so say if your garment says it will wash at 60'c then use a wash like that, dont use 30c or cold wash.   and if you are washing underwear, and heavily soiled garments and towels and bed sheets or any garments that smell then choose 60'c wash cycle if your items can take that temperature a long wash at 60'c breaks down the bacteria and stops odours. 

if its under dose of fabric softener then after your wash you could try selecting 1 rinse on the display panel then wait for it to start filling with water, pause the cycle (or open the drawer) and pour a capful of fabric softener into the middle compartment of the auto-dose drawer. You could also try a capful of Dettol laundry antibac germ killing sanitizer instead of fabric softener, that has a nice fresh smell. 

After washing dont shut your washing machine door fully, wipe the grey door rubber gasket dry with a dry cloth and leave the door ajar slightly to let air circulate in the drum to dry it out and stop smells, if allows you to then also open the autodose drawer so that can dry out to and air can circulate in that otherwise that can get mouldy and make the machine/washing smell.  and dont forget to do the maintenance wash/drum clean when it tells you too without any clothes in the drum and no detergent or additives, just let it use fresh water and heat. 

Hopefully after all this your clothes will smell a lot better after washing.
Good Luck. 

0 Likes
chesterflaps
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the very in depth reply, it is most appreciated. I thought that might be the case.

I have tried everything you have suggested apart from doing an extra rinse but in all honesty, I do not want too have to do that as it defeats the object of the autodose function.

I have raised a ticket with Samsung as I want it replacing with a non autodose machine

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes see what they say - the non autodose version of your machine (if you want to keep all the other features of it) is most probably the (if its 9kg)  WW90T504DAW (504 being manual dose drawer, 534 meaning autodose) if you can still get hold of that model or the 12kg version if you can get it where you are the WW12T504DAW - here for example for sale at Currys Ireland where I am so it does look like they do the same model but with a manual dose drawer if I am not mistaken:

andy_in_ireland_0-1712070490242.png

https://www.currys.ie/products/samsung-series-5-ecobubble-ww12t504daw-wifienabled-12-kg-1400-spin-wa...

0 Likes