Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G5 / ps5 issue

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 02:46 AM)
Dylan171995
Student
Options

I just got a G5 monitor, 165 Hz, but when I plug in my ps5 the highest option I have is 100 Hz. Anyone know why? It’s for a curved 34 inch monitor. 

IMG_4440.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel-M
Options

Hi @Dylan171995!

There is a setting on the PS5 that allows you to run 120hz make sure this setting is enabled. If this is enabled, 120Hz should be available.

/Daniel
Dylan171995
Student
Options

Thanks for replying! I actually had this enabled already, still no luck. It’s weird because the only options the monitor shows is 60 Hz and 100 Hz. I would think it would show the other options and at least gray them out if a setting was wrong.

Chandenie1
First Poster
Options

hey i have the same problem,did you get anny feed back

Members_clCIVws
Student
Options

The problem is that this monitor is capped at 100hz with HDMI cable. If you use a DP cable it will allow you to have the 120hz. I bought this monitor today and have the same problem. I'm thinking on buying a cable that is in one end HDMI and on the other end is a DP port. Maybe this way it will work. If you buy one and it works please let me know.

AlexMiller
Journeyman
Options

A friend had a similar problem, when he bought a more expensive HDMI cable the problem disappeared. In fact, you need to pay attention to the characteristics of the cable itself. Now I can’t get enough of my purchase, I play various games, including sod boost

RoyalKin
Pathfinder
Options
It depends on the hdmi version on screen. Only 2.1 hdmi supports 4k 120hz. 2.0 is 4k 60hz and below.
0 Likes