Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z3 flip foldable I think not. A gimmic

(Topic created on: 21-02-2023 09:07 PM)
deanaannoyed
First Poster
Options
Opened my foldable phone to a clear line and lots of little cracks coming from the fold. Contacted Samsung who told me because I removed the screen protector to check if it was the screen protector that was damaged I voided my warranty. I did nothing to damage my phone it has the odd mark as it was around a year old but had never been dropped. Absolutely shocking customer service. Something needs doing about this gimmic leaving thousands in debt for expensive phones that don't really fold. They have a shelf life and Samsung know it. As I was told on many occasions Samsung are aware of it but I removed my screen protector so the are resolved of any fault. What a joke.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware removing the factory fitted screen protector on the Flip³ and Fold³ does not invalidate the warranty.

The caveat is that if the display is damaged via the act of removing it then the warranty is voided. 

My advice would be to ask a Samsung Service Centre to assess the phone.

They can't ascertain issues over the phone @deanaannoyed 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
deanaannoyed
First Poster
Options
Damage was the same before and after removal of the screen protector. Screen protector was only removed to see if a damage was on screen protector not screen itself. Samsung support center told me that because I'd removed it that warranty was void. Yes there was general wear and tear on phone but in noway did my phone get dropped or damaged. The fold just flexed funny in the middle and started lifting and cracking as many other thousands have experienced. Bad design nothing more nothing less. Love it until this.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
The hazard of having a foldable device. It's a common problem and most people have to resort to paying for it's repair as like you've said been told you voided your warranty.
0 Likes
Dasherton
Apprentice
Options
I have dozens of tiny cracks along the fold on my z fold 3. They run all the way from top to bottom. I believe they are stress fractures in the plastic layer bound to the ultra thin glass screen (I don't mean the screen protector). I believe the fractures occur simply from opening and closing the phone. Fortunately, whilst ugly, the screen still works.
0 Likes