Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold4 DEX bug

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 11:24 PM)
adhsmith
Student
Options

Hi there,

I am experiencing an issue with my new Z Fold 4 I have as a ugrade from my old Note 10+ 5G.

I use Dex almost daily through a 14" touch screen display, a setup I have been happy with for years on the Note, unfortunately there seems to be a glitch with the ZF4.

When using external display if I click on the address or app  search bar, well any text box, the touch keyboard pops up on the active ZF4 display rather than the external touch screen display I am using, which is obviously a poor experience.

I am searching options but can't see any configs to set the appropriate main display for keyboard, any Ideas, am I missing something or is it a bug?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @adhsmith ,

Have you checked the dex settings on the connected screen?

Once you have connected your external display, on the external display open Settings --> Samsung Dex --> Keyboard --> On-screen keyboard location. Here select TV or monitor.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @adhsmith ,

Have you checked the dex settings on the connected screen?

Once you have connected your external display, on the external display open Settings --> Samsung Dex --> Keyboard --> On-screen keyboard location. Here select TV or monitor.

Hope this helps.

adhsmith
Student
Options

That was exactly it, I am not sure why I did not see it, I thought I had been through every menu option, it is the first option, how weird, I have been through more settings and everything :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Thank you.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Happens :smiling-face: ... have fun "Dex-ing"!