Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold4 Cracked Inner Screen along the hinge

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 08:04 AM)
Miguel_Sl
First Poster
Options

Want to share my story regarding Z Fold4. Phone itself bought 7 month ago for 1.5K€. Was absolutely in love  with it. Idea behind the dual screen phone is fascinating- replacing multiple gadgets at the same time. But few weeks ago, in the morning, while decided to open the fold, cracking sound appears and huge Crack appears along the hinge... also touch isn't working.

So, I went to an official repair shop, where gentlemen said that it is my fault, and display damaged in somehow another place but caused delayed effect on this crack.. immediately started to ask for the insurance (so, I assume, it is not bad money maker for them at al)

I'm a Hardware Engineer and working in a smartphone business too. But this level or reliability is not acceptable for consumer goods. After sales service is refusing understandable why, because it is huge number or RMA coming from customers that is impossible to handle.

Well what is the solution here, buy used display at Aliexpress and change yourself if officials do not admit their quality issues.

What next? Maybe Ultra, because Fold/Flip technology isn't ready for mass production. Sorry to say.

1000018748.jpg

1000018744.jpg

1000018746.jpg

 no damage, always in bumper + soft shell bag. Only 2 month ago was changed protective film at the official store.

2 REPLIES 2
HeyMang
Explorer
Options
I've had my hinge/screen repaired twice by samsung now. Threw in the towel and cut my losses with upgrade to S24U
0 Likes
Andreluis
First Poster
Options

It get worst, I had the same problem, still in warranty and they didn't covered the repair at all, I am in Brazil, this model is a joke. About 1000 dollars to repair. I did nothing to cause this problem. Samsung never more, just produce garbage products.

0 Likes