Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold issue 4

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Michelangelo73
First Poster
Options

Dear Korean OEM of mobiles.

I have recently been denied the warranty for  a zfold 4 that turns off alone because of a small scratch at the bottom.

Can you please show some trasparency and show to the public the results of the drop test of your mobiles.

Can a scratch caused by millesimal energy already cause damage in your electronic devices?

Would you like to be trasparent and share which homologation tests your mobile need to pass to be sold in the market? so we compare with energy ( that  can be calculated ) to remove 0.1 mm of paint from the case of the mobile ?

Let's hope you choose to answer, please put in me in contact with your engineers, i think i can say mine.

Thank You, Waiting your kind feedback

samsung.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Michelangelo73
First Poster
Options

All the customers with the same issue of warranty denied,

please search online  the article :

Durability of smartphones : A technical analysis of reliability and repairability aspects.

authors belong to European Committee.

If someone reads please help me to fine articles related, i am sure the mobiles have to pass drop test and scratch test for homologation and the level of energy to produce a scratch cannot damage internal components. Join the forces against this very bad practice.

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Just to mention that this is a public forum and not samsung official customer service. That being said there are some forum members that are employee of samsung. Are you uk ? If not then contact your region.

Looking at the photos it looks like the phone has been dropped from a height onto the hinge area, and the impact can clearly be seen. This isn't a scratch, but would be seen as drop damage.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Michelangelo73
First Poster
Options

Dear Smiley,

Thank your answer.

I am an italian citizen, resident in Saudi Arabia.

Is that ok for You? Am I eligible to talk to You.

If Yes, please help with technical consideration.

Assumed that the mobile dropped from an height, what is the estimation of the height.

Part of the  kinetic energy at the drop was dissipated as impact energy at the cover surface ( the mark that you see ) , where did the other energy go ?

Why did the technicians of Samsung  did  not open the mobile and showed the part that is fractured due to the residual energy transmitted the impact ?

Why do they just refuse the assistance?

is it a impact? some plastic component inside failure by traction stress, if we open and find only wear in the contact ( generally done by shera stress ) then there is no impact and simply the mobile has not been designed to be durable.

Do you have an engineer in your network?

Can i talk to him ?

I like scientific demonstration, nobody can tell me that the suspension arm of my is bended due to a bead in the trunk and does not go to chek the bended arm.

I work in durability and reliability since 25 years. If the company wants to show a serious approach the can contact me and open the mobile in front of me shiwing which component failed due to the impact.

This is a serious way do.

It seems is good for most of the people not for me.

Anyway i am collecting the laws associated , drop test energy and scratch energy, i will write a technical report to show tp the technical assistance and the authority of the country where i live.

If someone can proof i am wrong, then i am ok.

It seems ... doesn't work

Thank You

Best Regards

0 Likes
Michelangelo73
First Poster
Options

Dear Smiley,

I forgot to say that the screen is working, so no excuse that there is no mechanical failure evident.

The mobile simply turn off when you detach from the plug.

So i would like to see the component fractured in the mobile that mechanically failed in the mobile due to the impact .

Once again, you can tell me that i am writing in the wrong place, but please technical considerations, we have a dignity with an history of study on engineering books since 30 years.

Thank You again to spend your time reading my post and spend time to answer

Michelangelo

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Perhaps I should have said that I am simply a forum member and a user... i am not an employee or an engineer of samsung.

You are asking a lot of information from a samsung customer service. They are not aware of the kinetic energy and relationship against drop height and potential damage.

Additionally it would depend on how the phone landed. If it had landed flat on the screen it would have shattered the glass... the hinge edge where yours landed was clearly onto the metal and not the glass... hence the damage was less to the glass, but the main impact was to the hinged area.

I have no idea on your earlier discussions and negotiations with samsung or what had been discussed between you. This is a case for discussion with customer service and not a public forum.

If you book it into the service centre then they will take it apart and fix it. The likelihood is that you will be charged the money for the repair as it has been dropped and there is evidence of that drop damage.

I am sorry for your experience. I have no further to add. I suggest book into a service centre for repair.

Smiley.
- Smiley

0 Likes
Michelangelo73
First Poster
Options

Thank You.

I appreciate your feedback.

I am just asking for respect, i don't care the mobile anymore.

I  didn't go in the shop to steal the mobile, i paid for that. money earned honestly

I was expecting that a serious  company can explain me what is the problem, not just sending me back a picture. and treating me as an *****.

I will continue in my intent to prepare a technical report, i have downloaded the EC  regulations with references to all the regulation test and i will bring to the assistance center.

If there is a samsung engineer reading is a good opportunity to explain the reason why i am wrong.

Thank You again.

Michelangelo

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I understand your problems and i have sympathy for your experience. Good luck with your communications with samsung.
- Smiley

0 Likes