Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip repair refused

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 12:56 PM)
RyanK92
First Poster
Options

I am really looking for some help/advice on this one before I need to take this further.

I've had Samsung devices for many years and this is the first time I've ever had to use the repair process. I have a Z Flip 4 and the screen began to come away from the hinge meaning that you couldn't open the device.

I received notification from the repair company (Samsung arranged collection) that the device is not repairable under warranty despite me having it since August 2022. I queried this and received word back that the screen cannot be repaired due to the back camera being cracked. They then provided an image which doesn't really show anything at all.

So, in a nutshell, they won't repair the hinge issue because the back camera is cracked?

I've attached the photo for you to also have a look at.

Any help would be great!

Ryan Kirk - cracked camera.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Looks like it's more than just the screen from that photo. Looks like there's something wrong with hinge as well.
Unfortunately if there's any significant impact damage, then it seems like warranties won't be covered.
They will also see from the sensors if the phone has had any impacts like a heavy fall.
Some household insurance's or bank accounts may pay out for things like this, but you'd have to have registered the IMEI numbers with them to be able to claim.
Worth exploring this.
With the screen and hinge damage. It's probably going to be a very expensive repair.
But if the insurance claim can cover some of the cost I would think it's worth a go
0 Likes
RyanK92
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying, appreciate it!

The repair centre have confirmed the only thing invalidating the warranty at this point is the scratch/crack on the camera lens.

0 Likes
Clare49
Explorer
Options
The repair centre is in a nutshell *****! Book it into a shop! I was told by them I needed a new screen at £309, took it Samsung shop in London all it needed was a new screen protector. Yours however does look a tad more serious
0 Likes
PAD
Pioneer
Options
I guess the inference is the phone has been dropped (or similar impact) therefore not a warranty claim.
0 Likes
bob2022asd
First Poster
Options
Fyi. This is a massive flaw in design and manufacture. It's not just the occasional item.. most of these phones are breaking in the same area, they clearly know it and refusing everyone! Not a single person has said they got theirs repaired!
0 Likes