Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 4 broken screen data transfer??

(Topic created on: 06-09-2023 03:10 AM)
Members_gwrRcaK
Apprentice
Options

My partners z flip 4 fell to the floor and landed on the hinge. The screen broke and will no longer switch on. Anyone know how to access the data without the screen?? Apparently there is no cable that can be used without permissions being granted from the screen and smart switch can't be used without a functioning screen either. We have photos of our newborn child we want to recover before it can be sent for repair and probably wiped clear. Any help gratefully received.

6 REPLIES 6
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Did you not set a backup for your photos with Google Photos or Microsoft One Drive with your Samsung Account?
If your not sure, login to the Phones account on another phone, tablet or laptop and see what photos are saved.
If the device will switch on, do so, then go to the following Web site..
Smartthingsfind.samsung.com
Where you can remotely backup your data. I haven't had to do this yet so I'm not sure what it backups up, but it's worth a go.
Otherwise, you can go to a Samsung repair centre to get them to recover the data, but I'm sure they will want proof of purchase I'd the device.

Good luck and let me know if any of my suggestions worked??
Toncra
First Poster
Options
Same thing happen to me, I had a black line which spread. I transferred my data to my old phone by cable. Now I have get my phone repaired, expensive 🙃 insurance is important for Samsung products.
0 Likes
Members_gwrRcaK
Apprentice
Options

We have managed to recover some of the pictures through onedrive and Googledrive but it's the whatsapp messages and other files that are missing. Weve tried using smart things but the remote unlock is turned off and without the screen on the phone working we can't get access.

It's mad that there is no way to access the phone without the screen working when it seems to be so fragile!

Thank you for your help though.

Members_gwrRcaK
Apprentice
Options

What cable did you use to do that?

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you regularly back up your WhatsApp chats from in the app
You should be able to put the SIM in another phone and restore from the WhatsApp backup
But obviously it will only restore from the last backup
But be aware that if you sign into WhatsApp on another device, it will sign out of the old one and any unsaved data will be lost
Toncra
First Poster
Options
Just like for like cable, same connector from charger to phone
0 Likes