Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Cover Display sesitivity - false triggering while in the pocket.

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 07:34 PM)
LASERman71
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I upgraded from Z Flip 2 5G and right away noticed that Z Flip 3 is occidentally triggering various touch actions while in my pocket unlike the Flip 2.

To be honest I had my Flip 2 in thick case most of the time while the case for Flip 3 is still on the way from Samsung. Regardless it should not be the case. This device is designed with purpose to fit into small tight trousers pocket right?

I appreciate it has massively bigger cover display and equally bigger touch surface but it should respond only to fingers right? I believe it's so sensitive it picks up leg skin even through thick denim.I will try to avoid (and confirm) this by remembering to put it into the pocket with cover display facing outwards but this would be counter-intuitive since I grow opposite habit with Z Flip 2 for the protection of the screen in case of external impact (and this is has way more sense in case of big display on Flip 3).

An option to disable activating the Cover Display by tapping it (therefore by power button only) would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Members_QQl6LZO
First Poster
Options

I've experience the same issue. And it's bugging me since the release of this phone.

I wish that this will fixed in a future update with an activation on touch on/off function.

If I wear a certain pants I have to  put my phone i a jacket 😅. And that feels unnatural 

0 Likes
Members_VY1lJVm
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue. Phone is in samsung's case.  I thought screen was turning on when proximity detector triggered when flap moved away from phone in my pocket

0 Likes
Members_VY1lJVm
First Poster
Options

Solved:

Settings: Advanced features : Accesories : 

Turn off automatic unlock & auto screen on and off

0 Likes
kk1833
First Poster
Options
I have flip3, and it's happened on the open screen across the seam