Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unlocked Flip3 shows rogue carrier logo at top of screen

(Topic created on: 25-07-2023 10:07 AM)
flippineck
Student
Options

I bought a pre-owned unlocked Flip3 which was given a full reset prior to despatch so I had to do the full startup from scratch. I inserted my EE SIM card and can't figure out why the "Three" network logo is displayed at the top of the screen. I have no Three apps and my phone is working fine on the EE network and the settings only report my SIM card so the Three logo is just annoying. Can I get rid of it?

My SIM card provider suggested that the phone might have been bound to Three previously but surely that all gets erased with the reset? 

PS. Could someone please tell me what the other two icons are and whether/how I can change them?
Flip3 Three icon.png

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
flippineck
Student
Options

Now resolved! The Three icon was placed there by a native app called App Cloud. Disabling the app removes the icon.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's probably like what you're been told that the last owner who required it was with the 3 Network. When a provider sells the phone though it's network, that device would have been specified to run with the 3 speciation even throu it has had a full reset it mightn't have erased all the network spec's. Wether you can change it, it might be best if you can speak with your provider for any answers.
0 Likes
Solution
flippineck
Student
Options

Now resolved! The Three icon was placed there by a native app called App Cloud. Disabling the app removes the icon.