Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System using 51gb storage.

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 08:23 PM)
Phil Hull
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys hoping someone can help. I've come from a galaxy S10 to a Z Flip 4 and I was constantly being told I don't have storage space for photos or videos. When I checked storage it says 51gb is taken up by "system". When I look back at my S10 it says system is only using around 18gb. 51gb out of a 128 total is a huge chunk and makes me want to try to attempt to return the phone!

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options

51GB seems to be a bit high. Does Apps line show storage data or just an info icon?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you screenshot the section showing your storage usage and pop it in your thread please @Phil Hull  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Phil Hull
Apprentice
Options

IMG-20221229-WA0003~2.jpg

 here is a screenshot of storage usage breakdown.

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Click on the info symbol in the Apps and allow permission to Files. The storage space will get redistributed and you will see the actual space occupied by System.

However, photos and videos together occupy almost 75GB. To create space, may be you should look at moving them to an external SSD or a pendrive.

0 Likes
kpym
First Poster
Options
I have the same thing, system takes up 50% of my internal storage. Infuriating. I'm also unable to explore and find out exactly what it is as it doesn't let you click into it.
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes