Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September software update issues

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 10:34 PM)
Oelgaard
First Poster
Options

Anyone else having major issues with apps after this latest September patch? 

My social media apps are completely broken now. Won't send messages, won't refresh feeds, won't update content. 

My casting features doesn't work anymore in streaming apps. 

And I still can't get rid of that super annoying casting app that keeps popping up over other apps. 

You broke my state of the art phone. Good job samsung. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Annyfran
Journeyman
Options
Ii totally agree. I've just updated...reluctantly...had no choice. Didn't want to because the last update scuppered my APN and 4g. Once again my phone is not working. Why should each update be such a disaster?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Facebook and other social media apps had worldwide outages yesterday.

Hopefully they've now resolved this and your Social Media apps will start to work again. Soft reboot by turning the phone off and on. 

I updated my Fold 3 to the new update including the new September security update and haven't experienced any negative impact on the phone.

I do however clear my phones system cache files after an update.

Clear your System File Cache vai the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Facebook reveals what caused six-hour outage

Facebook said in an official blog post on Tuesday that the six-hour outage across its platforms including Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp, and OculusVR were caused by configuration changes to its routers which coordinate network traffic between the company’s data centers.

“This disruption to network traffic had a cascading effect on the way our data centers communicate, bringing our services to a halt,” the company noted.

Facebook said it has no evidence yet that user data was compromised as a result of this downtime.

“The underlying cause of this outage also impacted many of the internal tools and systems we use in our day-to-day operations, complicating our attempts to quickly diagnose and resolve the problem,” it added. "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have to say my Z Fold 3 is fine after the update.
I do however restart my phone after the update. Occasionally would clear the Cache.
As on the previous reply, follow the link.
Some are having issues with the Facebook apps after the outage. So it seems if you uninstall, and then reinstall those apps. Apparently they work fine then.
The problems with those apps are nothing to do with the phone or software. It will be issues with those apps
0 Likes