Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung z flip 4 faulty hinge 3 time under 2 years

(Topic created on: 24-05-2024 01:32 PM)
Bthep
Apprentice
Options

My wife has a flip 4 and has owned it under 2 years this is now the third time the hinge has broken. every time this happen she is with out a phone for 2 weeks. How many time does this same issue have to happen before Samsung will offer an alternative solution?

The nearest service centre is over 50 mils away 

Has an one else had the same issue  ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To be honest, if it is the third time I would question how your wife looks after her device.

Samsung provide a fully functioning device, your wife breaks it....... suggest user issue

What resolution are you expecting here?
S24 Ultra
Bthep
Apprentice
Options
It has been repaired twice, and samsung has done it under the warranty, stating it was a fault with the hinge. If it had been down to miss usage, they would not have repaired it and would had charged me for the repair.

I would like samsung to provide me with a phone that keeps working as it is intended and not have to send my phone away for 2 weeks
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'll need to engage with Samsung Customer Service (good luck you'll need it).

I don't fancy your chances though
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bthep 

Your wife certainly isn't having a great experience with her phone is she.  😳

If the same issue is reoccurring then do speak with Customer Services to explain you've lost faith in the product, and require a more permanent solution if possible. 

I assume Samsung directly supplied the phone 🤔 

If they didnt then it would be the merchant i.e supplier of the phone that apply the 2 year warranty. 

Have a read of this > Consumer-Rights-Act 2015 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_gZ41Dl6
Student
Options

I have had my phone for 3 weeks, treated it beautifully and I've woken up this morning with the same! a black line on the fold and an internal screen that doesn't work.  It is a shambles, they should not be allowed to sell this phone at all! They should not be allowed to get away with it, the hassle of having to send it off for a repair all the time is ridiculous! I'm within my 30 days warranty with the o2 store i purchased it from luckly so i will be asking for an exchange and staying away from the folds/flips! Hopefully you can ask samsung for a more permanent resolution, stand your ground!

0 Likes